Currently seeking a Field Services Manager to oversee construction/commissioning managers on various engagements
Objective: Represents the interests of the Field Services Construction Services. Primary role is to work with and manage construction managers to identify the tasks and systems that are being constructed and to track the schedule and adherence to scope and budget as they are being built. This role requires direct interface with the customers for scheduling and ensuring that the right skill sets are provided based on the specific needs of the project. This role would typically also work with the sales team to secure new business. This person would lead multiple teams of construction resources to complete clearly scheduled packets of work within pre-planned time constraints. This role may also overlap with the startup phase where required.
* Actively participate in the OR process to ensure that all cost are covered while protecting MAVERICK's profitability and minimizing our liabilities.
* Assist the Construction Manager in the management of Customer and Contractor Meetings
* Act as the Construction Manager when a CM is not assigned
* Provide Success Factor Reviews for MAVERICK craft personnel and recommend raises based on performance.
* Suggest disciplinary action when needed to ensure a safe and disciplined workforce.
* Scheduling - Includes layout, development, and maintenance based upon estimate and customer requirements.
* Safety - Includes policing and management of all company and site specific safety policies. Drive safety awareness across all trades of craft personnel, subcontractors, and others, insuring JSA's and safety meetings are in order.
* Man Loading - Includes projecting (as required), charting, and updating based upon estimated man-hours per task and duration of project. Work with FS Resource Manager to obtain new craft personnel as needed to meet the project workload.
* Reporting ? Responsible for development of weekly reports to customer and project manager.
* Material/Tool Management - Includes scheduling, projecting, requisitioning, expediting and reporting.
* Tracking - Includes development of report based upon estimated vs. actual and maintaining this report as required by management.
* Scope management - Includes directing all site management, subcontractors, and craft personnel in specific duties as outlined by the scope of work and identifying any discrepancies and escalating to project management. Manage price evaluation as necessary.
* Project Execution - Includes planning and layout of all activities based upon the scope of work and contract document. Including but not limited to the following:
* Review and visually verify all work performed to ensure quality and NEC compliance.
* Coordinate all planning functions including support material, equipment, drawings, work directions, safety instruction, applying the appropriate discipline to work tasks, and monitor time allotted for each activity.
* Monitor and control daily labor and material cost.
* Monitor and control backlog for accuracy vs. work completed to ensure accuracy of man loading and material projections and scheduling.
* Monitor weekly work progress and update schedules, tracking, and man loading reports.
* Monitor and verify completed work for proper documentation and ensure accuracy vs. drawings and contract documentation.
* Monitor completed work vs. planned work for reconciliation to schedule and tracking reports.
* Monitor material and labor cost estimate vs. actual and report to management any discrepancies.
* Prepare and distribute management-required reports to others as necessary.
* Generate outage planning and scheduling, tracking and reports of weekly progress, including, but not limited to, all pre-outage activities and associated tasks required to ensure a successful outage within the time allotted.
* Demonstrates a proactive commitment to safety by taking the time to understand risks and completing all required safety training.
* Complies with safety requirements by following all safety procedures and by reporting/documenting safety incidences and near misses.
* Demonstrates personal accountability to learning and development of oneself as well as assisting with development of new employees and peers.
* Willingly accepts coaching and mentoring from more experienced resources and provides the same when working with entry level resources.
* Promotes teamwork by participating as a team player while also demonstrating effective communication skills with the team, management and the customer.
* Proactively works to build good relationships with peers, leaders and customers while also demonstrating the ability to meet customer expectations.
* Seeks out new responsibilities and stretch opportunities while demonstrating creativity in identifying better means of accomplishing a job.
* Displays ambition for learning new processes, platforms or other new offerings at MAVERICK.
* Displays leadership abilities including honesty, integrity and professionalism across all aspects of the business.
* Demonstrates a willing, can-do attitude by actively participating in teams.
* Exhibits proficiency and personal accountability for project performance and meeting customer needs.
* Demonstrates a business acumen that allows for effective utilization of tools and standards to ensure project deliverables are met.
* Education/Experience: Two year degree in Electronic Engineering or Instrumentation, or equal exposure in the specific field; 10 years in the field plus four years as crew leader or lead technical, plus a minimum of 6 years as a construction manager. Successful implementation and management of a minimum of 5 construction and/or outage support projects in excess of $1,000,000 value.
* Knowledge: Basic computer skills, including spread sheet, data base, word processing and scheduling software; Knowledge and proficiency with MAVERICK Quality System.
* Physical Demands: Exposure to general industrial office environment; Available to travel to different business locations.
MAVERICK Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at ...@mavtechglobal.com.
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.
Check out some of our Awards below, and then visit our website at www.mavtechglobal.com to learn more about MAVERICK Technologies. We look forward to your application and always welcome referrals!
* International Society of Automation's Premier Strategic Partner for Systems Integration
* Named to The Silicon Review magazine's
\"50 Best Companies to Watch\" (2016)
* Named to Fortune magazine's
\"50 Best Workplaces for Flexibility\" (2016)
* CEO and Founder Paul J. Galeski received ISA's Excellence in Leadership Award and Honorary Membership (2012)
* Proud to be in Control Engineering's System Integrator Hall of Fame
* Control Engineering's System Integrator of the Year (2011, 2015)
* Paul Galeski named an ISA Fellow.
* 2008 Frost & Sullivan North American System Integrator Company of the Year
* Microsoft? Gold Certified Partner for Microsoft Business Solutions
* Diamond Level Service Partner for Yokogawa Corporation of America
* One of the Inc. 500/5000 Fastest Growing Companies ? named six times.
* Paul Galeski named Ernst & Young Emerging Entrepreneur of the Year (2002)
* Wonderware ArchestrA? Certified System Integrator (SI).
MAVERICK was acquired by Rockwell Automation, Inc. (NYSE: ROK) in September 2016. Founded in 1999, MAVERICK is an independent systems integrator in North America, and is a global leader in industrial automation, enterprise integration and strategic manufacturing solutions for clients across a wide range of manufacturing and process industries. With more than 300 professionals on staff at 21 locations, we work with clients across a wide range of manufacturing and process industries ? from oil and gas to food and beverage. Our people, process and technical capabilities ensure delivery of the right solution, using the most appropriate technology.
Since our founding in 1999, we've continued to grow and advance the field of industrial automation. We've now completed more than 15,000 projects in 46 countries across six continents, and we're ready to leverage all that experience in delivering a solution for you. We're here whether you need help on a single project or a long-term partnership. From process controls to strategic-level consulting, we'll work with you to identify suboptimal operations and improve your safety, efficiency and overall profitability. MAVERICK is where potential meets performance. Learn more about our manufacturing system integration services.
Associated topics: cultivate, forklift, fork lift, garden, inventory, lawn, manage, plant management, production management, watering