Seeking a candidate who will become an asset to the business in every way; Promotes great working relationships, is helpful and courteous, and values the contributions of co-workers. Makes suggestions for improving the best-known methods and acknowledges and supports decisions made by management. Responsibilities
- Maintains function and reliability of building systems, manufacturing equipment and support equipment by performing preventive maintenance; by operating and testing systems and equipment; restoring, repairing, rebuilding, or replacing faulty or inoperative components and parts.
- Affects repairs of mechanical and electronic functions by following schematics, diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, internal procedures, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications.
- Interfaces with outside technical support organizations to obtain information, procedures, technical documents, and verbal instructions needed to accelerate resolution to problems.
- Improves function and reliability of facility systems and associated equipment by studying performance results; identifying failure root causes, recommending and implementing changes to equipment and procedures.
- Champions efforts to improve reliability and productivity through leadership and participation in formalized reliability improvement teams. Takes ownership for reliability improvement goals and leads others to achieve successful team results.
- Trains others in the proper techniques and procedures needed to improve their capabilities and effectiveness in maintenance department responsibilities.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs both verbally and using the company computer information systems.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures, complying with legal codes and regulations.
- Previous experience in the consumer packaging and printing industry a plus. Any of the following are a plus: Knowledge of equipment manufactured by KBA, Komori, Planeta, Bobst, Jagenburg and other Industry equipment.
- Experience in Equipment and Facilities Maintenance with knowledge of Electrical/Electronics Troubleshooting, Mechanical repair and Building repair.
- Knowledgeable in the following areas:
- Use of dvm, oscilloscope, amp probe, circuit tracers / toners. Understanding of the application of various sensors (optical, proximity, ultrasonic), understanding of encoders.
- PLC controls and troubleshooting. PLC Programming skills a definite plus.
- AC and DC motors, and experience with the use and troubleshooting of servos, frequency drives and stepping motors.
- Refrigeration systems, HVAC and chillers used in industrial applications.
- House vacuum and compressed air systems.
- Paper-waste recovery, baler and cyclone systems.
- Installation and maintenance of AC power including panel boards, transformers, conduit installation and wire sizes and ampacities.
- Use of machine tools: lathe, mill, grinder, drill press, welders (arc, gas, tig and/or mig).
- Vibration analysis, oil analysis, and other Pdm methodology
- Ability to Analyze Schematics, Drawings and Diagrams, to understand functionality, and to repair or replace parts and assemblies as needed to meet specifications.
- Competent in the use of computers and various programs including MS Word, and Excel. Proficiency with project management software a plus. Proficiency with SAP Plant Maintenance a big plus.
Associated topics: alarm, broadband, cable, calibration, electrical, electronic, journeyman electrician, meter, voltage, wire