Aeon is a nonprofit developer, owner and manager of high-quality affordable homes in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. Established in 1986, the award-winning nonprofit has built or renovated more than 4,200 apartments and townhomes, which home and stability to almost 8,500 people each year including individuals and families with low to moderate incomes and formerly homeless individuals. The organization's inspiration to create community assets that last for generations stems from its name \"Aeon,\" which means \"forever.\" Its vision is that every person has a home and is interconnected within community. To learn more about Aeon, please visit www.aeon.org.
We are seeking an experienced business manager with exceptional leadership, business and financial management, planning/problem solving and customer services skills to join our team and lead a set of 220 units in Minneapolis! This dynamic, results-driven professional will enjoy an exciting, fast paced work environment leading affordable housing, NOAH, and market rate apartment communities in the Minneapolis area. This Property Manager reports directly to the Senior Portfolio Director.
Key responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Lead, motivate, and direct staff:
- Ensure effectiveness of staff through ongoing training, mentoring and working through performance matters in an effective and timely manner
- Ensure growth of the team by instructing them to attend various seminars and classes, and actively participate and engage in growth opportunities as well
- Perform annual reviews for each staff member
- Adequately document all disciplinary policies and procedures
- Use delegation skills to effectively manage time as well as cross train other staff members
- Observe all time reporting
- Ensure that Aeon's residents are appropriately served in a positive, welcoming environment
- Work with other Aeon staff and outside parties to help Aeon residents engage within their community and create Home
- Lead and guide customer service strategies in a culturally responsive manner, ensuring consideration for differing needs and expectations of residents, staffs, vendors, community members, etc...
- Support the development of annual operating budgets for assigned properties
- Creates monthly financial variance reports
- Support annual capital expenditure projections to protect and maximize assets
- Effectively monitor and collect on property receivables
- Control expenses and optimize property profitability
Physical Asset Maintenance and Supervision of Contractors
- Responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the physical asset by guiding the maintenance team
- Consistently monitors and follows up on timely and accurate completion of resident and common area work orders
- Inspect property for hazardous or potential liability situations as requested
- Continually monitor vendor invoices and performance
- Communicate with vendors concerning unsatisfactory performance and/or invoice issues
- Prepare and monitor for quality inspections including but not limited to REAC, Section 8, MPHA, etc.
Leasing & Marketing:
- Obtaining occupancy goals as set by the budget/organization by marketing
- processing applications
- retaining residents
- affirmative marketing
- Ensure quality employee selection, training, performance and assure that all supervised employees comply with the appropriate policies, procedures, and performance expectations
- Ensure property files and records are maintained according to regulatory requirements and Aeon policies and procedures
- Continually improve management and technical skills
Skills & Qualifications
- Two or more years of recent and consecutive property management experience or business management experience required
- Excellent communication and ability to maintain positive resident relations resulting in strong resident retention
- Must possess strong supervisory and leadership skills and be able to drive results
- Proven track record of preparing, understanding and managing budgets as well as increasing net operating income
- Knowledge of and/or ability to, operate under fair housing laws and regulations
- Intermediate navigation and knowledge of computer systems
- Must be a resourceful problem solver with an attention to details and a seeker of excellence who values results, hard work, customer service, and loyalty to Aeon's mission
- Valid Drivers' License, reliable vehicle and vehicle insurance required
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Aeon offers an impressive benefits package which includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, retirement plan, paid time off and an employee assistance program.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit:
Position is open until filled.
Aeon is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Employees and residents are encouraged to apply.Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Associated topics: corporate, lead, management, manager ii, manager iii, property manager, senior care, superintendent, supervisor, supervisory