At Jabil, we empower the brands who empower the world - it's our reason for being and the guiding force that's driving us to become the most technologically advanced manufacturing solutions provider on the planet. Whether we're serving one of the world's biggest and best known brands or the coolest tech startups, our resolve never wavers. We share common desires with these brands: to make the world a better, safer and cleaner place.
Design, develop and maintain new and existing custom automation solutions software. Software integration with robotic, PLC, and vision tools as part of custom solutions in automation. Integrate SECS/GEM SEMI standards in some control software. Automation User Interface design. Provide customer support and solutions on software issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with manufacturing to trouble-shoot problems, upgrades, retrofits, set-ups, methods development, and the development of process parameters.
- Participates in product development meetings and may make recommendations to product design changes to enhance manufacturing and assembly.
- Conduct proof of concept experiments and design other testing requirements as needed.
- Develop SOP's operations and maintenance manuals.
- Research new technology or development tools to remain informed of current technology.
- Understanding of Lean Six Sigma tools, projects and processes and ability to incorporate these into assigned engineering projects.
- May assume lead role in small or sub-section of large project, as assigned.
- Reviews completed projects for accuracy, clarity and completeness.
- Ensures projects are compliant with all local, regional, and national regulatory requirements, codes and controls.
- Supports all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Key technologies that are desired.
C# and .Net development with Visual Studio
- Semiconductor industry standards including GEM 300 (SECS/GEM) standards.
PLC Programming and I/O controls knowledge TwinCAT systems development and Beckhoff hardware Motion control (SCARA, 6-axis, cartesian) Computer Vision systems AI, deep learning application
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited four-year college or university
- Minimum of 5-6 years of related experience and/or training
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a Design Engineer II
- Specific requirements as defined by the market sector
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Associated topics: backend, c++, c#, developer, devops, matlab, perl, php, sde, software developer