NISC is looking for passionate experienced full-stack Web Developers to add to our team to push our cloud solutions to their fullest potential. This developer will work with our talented software engineers to design, build and evolve our browser-based solutions. This position will work closely with our product, quality assurance and support staff to ensure quality and functionality requirements are met.
- Design and build responsive web applications
- Stand up restful web services
- Container driven development (Kubernetes, micro-services)
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to research, design and implement new features.
- Research, analyze, and resolve moderately complex customer issues and bugs.
- Unit test and integration test code as needed.
- Follow all established software development methodologies and procedures.
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Generally, requires 3+ years' experience in software development.
- Proficient with Angular
- Experience with cloud technology stack (Kubernetes/Spring boot/Kakfa/SSO/AWS/Cassandra)
- Proficient with developing responsive content
- Java Experience
- Experience with RDBS (Postgres)
- Understand the core aspects of web development (patterns, architecture, IDE)
- Experience with asynchronous workflows/patterns.
- Working knowledge of web trends, architecture and deployment patterns.
- Experience with Git including branching/merging workflows
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo.
- Commitment to NISC's Statement of Shared Values.
NISC's Shared Values & Competencies:
We're a cooperative, which means we're owned by the Members we serve. It also means that our focus is on taking care of our Members and our employees, rather than having a big bottom line. Quality service and innovative technology starts with happy and dedicated employees. Join our team and learn for yourself what sets NISC apart.
- Integrity - We are committed to doing the right thing - always.
- Relationships - We are committed to building and preserving lasting relationships.
- Innovation - We promote the spirit of creativity and champion new ideas.
- Teamwork - We exemplify the cooperative spirit by working together.
- Empowerment - We believe individuals have the power to make a difference.
- Personal Development - We believe the free exchange of knowledge and information is absolutely necessary to the success of each individual and the organization.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance.
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with $100 monthly contributions from NISC.
- Like to walk? Improve your overall wellness knowledge? Ability to earn up to $800 additional dollars into your HSA each year through our Wellness Rewards program.
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA) thru Paylocity.
- Fully covered life insurance up to x3 annual base salary.
- Fully covered short- and long-term disability.
- 401(k), traditional or Roth, with employee match up to 6% and employer 4% salary base contributions.
- PTO accrual levels dependent on years of service, 120 Life Leave Event hours and 9 paid holidays.
- $2,500 Interest-FREE technology loan program.
- $25,000 employee educational assistance program.
- Volunteer, Wellness, Family Events and other employee fun supplied by our committees.
- Employee Assistance Program; assisting employees and dependents with virtually any life event
- Benevolence Committee to support employees with financial hardships like unexpected medical bills, funerals and other unfortunate hardships.
Bachelor's or master's degree in a Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field and/or equivalent experience.
Minimum Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the essential functions of this position, employees must be able to see and communicate. Employees are regularly required to maintain a stationary position, move, and operate computer keyboards or office equipment.
Management may modify this job description by assigning or reassigning duties and responsibilities at any time.
Associated topics: .net, application, back end, c c++, developer, java, sde, sdet, software engineer, sw