Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking a talented Business Risk and Controls Advisor for one of the following locations: San Antonio Home Office II/III, Phoenix Campus, Tampa Campus, Plano Legacy or 100% Remote Work Environment.
Positioned in the first line of defense to ensure the overall effectiveness of risk and compliance management programs, risk analytics and operations in the business. This role will partner and collaborate with Compliance and Risk Management, as well as Business Operations, IT, Audit Services, and Regulators to support risk and compliance-based initiatives. Responsible for supporting business leader adherence to the established risk framework and ongoing supervision of business controls including risk and control self-assessments, identification and evaluation of control effectiveness, identifying control failures, facilitating risk and compliance remediation, internal and external audits and regulatory exams, and monitoring of the first line of defense to minimize risk exposures and strengthen the overall control environment. Leverages risk assessment data and identifies key data-driven insights tied to first line of defense.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we''ve been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For, and we''ve ranked among Victory Media''s Top 10 Military Friendly Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spousesto apply.
USAA Careers - Award Winning Workplace (17 seconds)
USAA Careers World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Manages routine deliverables in support of risk and/or regulatory compliance related initiatives: oversight of procedures/process, accurate regulatory reporting and filing, document governance, risk control self-assessments, procedure governance, control design, new product controls, CoSA Third Party Governance, or quality governance.
- Performs ongoing supervision of established business controls and applies maturing knowledge to perform root cause analyses, testing coordination and seeks guidance from team members to evaluate the effectiveness of established business controls.
- Performs risk data analysis, report preparation and trend analysis, utilizing business intelligence tools.
- Learns to translate control deficiencies into action plans. Contributes to the enhancement of governance practices in alignment with risk and compliance frameworks.
- Partners with business owners to assist them in the identification of control failures and assesses the impact.
- Participates in the remediation of control deficiencies through action plan coordination and support.
- Advises senior management on the status of their control environment related to risk identification and control weaknesses, as necessary.
- Follows documented processes to escalate issues and findings to appropriate stakeholders.
- Acquires and applies a developing knowledge of changes to the regulatory environment to ensure proper compliance with processes and requirements are followed.
- Bachelor''s degree.
- 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 2+ years of experience supporting risk and/or compliance-related activities in a financial services operating environment or other relevant industry OR 2+ years of experience in a relevant quantitative discipline OR an advanced degree or designation in a risk management or quantitative discipline.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Experience automating business processes leveraging IT-supported software applications.
- Proven pattern of cross-functional collaboration to achieve business objectives.
- SAS/SQL programming proficiency.
- Experience building controls for financial and risk regulatory reports.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must have managers approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 9/02/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Associated topics: analyst, analyze, financial analyst, government, guidance, investment analyst, market, refine, regulation, strategy