Initial Posting Date:
10/14/2020 Application Deadline:
Public Employees Retirement System Salary Range:
$4,701 - $7,109 Position Type:
Employee Position Title:
Information System Specialist 5 (Software Release Engineer) Job Description:If you are an excellent communicator that has experience working in a team environment as a Software Release Engineer, this is the position for you! The Public Employees Retirement System is recruiting forone (1) Information System Specialist 5 (Software Release Engineer) position within theInformation Services Division,Enterprise ApplicationsSection.
Open until filled:
- There is one permanent full-time position located in Tigard, Oregon.
- This recruitment will be used to establish a list of qualified applicants to fill the current vacancy and may be used to fill future vacancies as they occur.
- This positionis represented by the Service Employees International Union (SEIU).
This announcement will remain open until filled. Screening will begin as early as 8:00 a.m. on Friday, October 30, 2020.
Your immediate response is requested as this recruitment may close at any time without advance notice at the discretion of the agency after a sufficient number of qualified candidates have applied.We serve the people of Oregon by administering public employee benefit trusts to pay the right person, the right benefit, at the right time.Information Services Division (ISD) / Enterprise Applications Section (EAS)
ISD supports the Agency's mission by maintaining all information systems, computers and communication networks. ISD enables PERS business units, through the implementation of automation and technology, to provide high-quality service to members, employers and other stakeholders. Within ISD, a working body called EAS is responsible for providing resources and methodologies for Enterprise Architecture, Business Analysis and Modeling, Designing, Development, Testing and Software Configuration Management for most internally and externally managed IT projects for PERS. ORION is the information technology system for administrating the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System. ORION consists of multiple enterprise application What you'll be doing:
As an Information System Specialist 5 (Software Release Engineer)
you will be responsible for managing the software build process, merging code lines and overseeing the software configuration management tools and processes. Other responsibilities include developing code management plans, collaborating with colleagues to monitor existing systems, performing code line support and supporting the maintenance build and deploy MS PowerShell automation scripts. This position collaborates with personnel like Release Managers, Quality Assurance Analysts and Development Team Leads.What's in it for you:
Collaborate in an open office with a knowledgeable team of individuals to work and learn from. We offer medical, vision, and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, and personal business leave and 10 paid holidays a year. If you are ready to become a member of our team, apply today!There is the possibility for telecommuting inthis position.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
(a) Four (4) years of information systems experience in: Release Software Engineering concerned with DevOps Cl and CD.OR
(b) An Associate's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, OR completion of a two (2) year accredited vocational training program in information technology or related field;
two (2) years of information systems experience in: Release Software Engineering concerned with DevOps Cl and CD.OR
(c) A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field may substitute for all of the above.REQUESTED SKILLS(DESIRED ATTRIBUTES)
ADDITIONAL REQUIRED MATERIALS
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Outstanding critical thinking skills.
- Ability to organize work efficiently in addition to the capacity to work well and maintain composure under time pressures.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Process oriented with the ability to adapt to change quickly.
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with superiors, subordinates, peers and the public.
- The ability to explain complex technical issues to non-technical customers.
- Experience with testing and releasing enterprise level software products.
- Knowledge ofthe following:
- Demonstrated proficiency with the following:
You must attach
to your online application the following:
1) Current resume
2) Please describe in a cover letter your experience as a release engineer building software, merging code lines and the utilization of software configuration management tools such as Tortoise SVN, Bitbucket or Git. In addition, describe any experience you may have in the creation of scripts to automate repetitive operations. (MS PowerShell or Python preferred)HOW TO APPLY
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK
- Follow the "Apply" link above and complete the application online and all supplemental questions; (State employees log into your Workday account and apply through the Career worklet).
- Attach a current resume.
- Attach a cover letter that describes your experience as a release engineer building software, merging code lines and the utilization of software configuration management tools such as Tortoise SVN, Bitbucket or Git. In addition, describe any experience you may have in the creation of scripts to automate repetitive operations. (MS PowerShell or Python preferred)
- Transcripts and Certifications must be from an accredited institution and will be required at time ofinterview.
- Be sure to answer all supplemental questions completely. The phrases "see resume" or "see application" will not substitute for a response. Failure to respond to each question in the spaces provided may result in your application being removed from consideration.
- Veterans' Points: If you are requesting veterans' preference, you may receive an additional questionnaire in your Workday account after you submit your application. In order to receive Veterans Preference, you must complete the questionnaire in your Workday account, preferably before the application deadline but no later than date of interview. For more information on veterans' preference points, visit: Veterans Resources .
- IMPORTANT: Please monitor your Workday account, as all communications will be sent to your Workday account. You may be asked to submit additional information after initial application.
Employment will be contingent upon the passing of a criminal background check. Conviction of a crime will not automatically disqualify an individual from being considered for employment.VETERANS' PREFERENCE
Oregon state government provides qualifying veterans and disabled veterans with preference in employment in accordance with ORS 408.225, 408.230, and 408.235.If you are requesting veterans' preference, you may receive an additional questionnaire in your Workday account. In order to ensure your privacy, we are asking that you complete the Veterans Questionnaire and attach your qualifying military documents at that time. This questionnaire will be sent to your Workday account after you submit your application. Please be sure to monitor your Workday account frequently, as all communication regarding application status will be sent to your Workday account. If you need assistance logging back into your account, please contact the DAS Workday Helpdesk at: 503-###-####, ...@Oregon.gov
In order to receive Veterans Preference on your application, you must complete the questionnaire in your Workday account, preferably before the application deadline but no later than date of interview. For more information on veterans' preference points, visit: Veterans Resources
The Public Employees Retirement System does not offer VISA sponsorships. Within three days of hire, you will be required to complete the US Department of Homeland Security's I-9 form confirming authorization to work in the United States.HELPFUL LINKS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
Learn more about PERS
Learn more about Oregon
For additional information you may contact the recruiter by e-mail at ...@pers.state.or.us
or by phone at 503-###-####.PERS is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer
Committed to Workforce Diversity
Associated topics: equipment, infrastructure, maintain, maintenance, satcom, satellite, server, system specialist, system technician, technician