Initial Posting Date:
10/29/2020 Application Deadline:
Employment Department Salary Range:
$3,676 - $5,618 Position Type:
Employee Position Title:
Program Analyst 1 Job Description:Are you looking to join a dynamic friendly team? Do you have excellent organization, attention to detail, and time management skills? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities? If so, please consider joining our team and apply today!
Every employee at the Employment Department is passionate about serving Oregonians and Oregon businesses. If you feel inspired and motivated by our mission, vision, and values, we invite you to join us in exceeding our customers expectations!
What you will be doing!
- Our mission: to support business and promote employment. We do this by providing stability for Oregonians and communities during times of unemployment, by helping businesses find great workers and job seekers find employment, and by providing workforce and economic information to promote informed decision making.
- Our vision: an Oregon where meaningful work enables the states diverse people and businesses to realize their full potential, creating prosperity in every community.
- Our values: Integrity - We are trusted to keep our word, always acting with honesty and courage. Respect - We value diverse perspectives, assume good intent, and act with compassion. Community - We foster a sense of belonging for our employees, partners, and customers, creating positive impacts where we live and work.
The primary purpose of this position is to support the development, implementation and evaluation of a demand-driven business services program within a dynamic environment. Use marketing, liaison and project management skills to collaborate with businesses, economic development, and workforce system leadership and staff to integrate effective business services across the broader workforce system. Act autonomously and exhibit critical and independent thinking skills with little direct supervision. In this role you will:
Whats in it for you!
- Market industry driven training opportunities, on-the-job training, talent development options, and other incentives for businesses in the local area.
- Promote and create job development opportunities, and identify training needs that will align trade affected job seekers skills with employer needs.
- Develop, coordinate, and implement recruitment practices to meet the sector strategy objectives; develop and monitor business services performance measures.
- Serve as a primary resource for businesses to resolve employment related needs; become familiar with all of the communitys business resources and act as a referral point for business and workforce partners.
- Train employers and partner staff on the criteria, requirements, and philosophy of various programs such as employer tax credits/incentives and hiring of trade affected customer groups.
- Attend and represent the Department at various workforce partner, economic development or employer planning meetings. Make presentations to community and business groups.
- Develop a marketing plan and strategy that includes partner involvement. Market the Employment Department and the workforce system on an ongoing basis.
What we are looking for!
- A workplace that balances productivity with enjoyment, and encourages learning and mentoring.
- Rewarding work in a fast-paced, creative environment with colleagues who are passionate about public service.
- A workplace that fosters fairness, equity, and inclusion to maintain a workplace environment where everyone is treated with respect and dignity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, veteran status, disability, or status as a victim of domestic violence, harassment, sexual assault, or stalking. This policy applies to every aspect of our employment practices, including recruitment, hiring, retention, promotion, and training.
- Work/life balance, 10 paid holidays a year, and a competitive benefits package
How to Apply
- Prior Staffing, Recruitment or Job Development experience preferred
- Proficiency in research using the internet, crafting email and completing online applications
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Demonstrated experience in contacting community resources, businesses, and building partnerships with key stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to be highly engaged, energetic and catalytic member of an inter-organizational team of workforce partnerships
- Commitment to valuing diversity and promoting inclusion
- Required Minimum Qualifications: A Bachelor's Degree in Business or Public Administration, Behavioral or Social Sciences, or a degree related to the agency program that demonstrates the capacity for the knowledge and skills; OR any combination of experience or education equivalent to three years technical-level experience that typically supports the knowledge and skill requirements listed for the classification.
- External Applicants: Click on the Apply link above to fill out the online application and submit by the posted closing date. Please use the name you want us to address you by. You can upload your resume and the system will parse your information into the application.
- Current State of Oregon employees this includes temporary employees must apply through your employee Workday account.
- Attach a resume and cover letter. Your cover letter must be limited to no more than two (2) pages and clearly demonstrate how your experience and training relates to the attributes and minimum qualifications listed under the What we are looking for section above. Please address your cover letter to Soledad Haines, Hiring Manager. Generic cover letters and/or cover letters that do not address the desired attributes above will be graded as non-responsive.
- We will use the attributes and minimum qualifications listed under the What we are looking for section above to determine whom to interview. Please make sure the attributes and minimum qualifications you possess are clearly demonstrated in your application materials.
- Warning! The system will timeout after 20 minutes of inactivity. You must submit your application after you begin the process. You cannot save your progress and come back to it later.
- Important: Please monitor both your email and Workday account for updates regarding this recruitment. You may be asked to submit additional information after initial application.
- SHL Assessment- Important: In addition to your related work experience and education, candidates who meet minimum qualifications will be required to complete an online assessment to determine whom to interview (assessment link will be sent on Tuesday, November 10th, 2020). You will be assessed on the following core competencies:
- Professional Potential & Achievement: To have a tendency to set and accomplish challenging goals while persisting in the face of significant obstacles.
- Willingness to Learn/ Learns quickly: The tendency to learn from experience and being open to new experiences, seeking both positive and negative feedback, considering alternate courses of action, finding patterns and order in complex information, and pick up new information and techniques easily.
- Responsibility ability to commit to performing assigned tasks and to take responsibility for your actions.
- Deductive Reasoning ability to draw logical conclusions and complete scenarios using incomplete information.
- Analyzes Information/Generates new ideas: Ability to identify key factors and integrate information to understand data or situations, and create innovative approaches.
- Uses time efficiently ability to manage your own time and deliver work on schedule.
- Works to high quality standards willingness to complete every task with a high degree of quality.
- Adapts to change/Copes with uncertainty ability to accept and adapt to changes without difficulty when roles and situations are not clearly defined.
- Commitment to valuing diversity and promoting inclusion.
- This position is represented by the Service Employees International Union (SEIU). This recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies as they occur.
- The salary listed is the non-PERS qualifying salary range. If the successful candidate is PERS qualifying, the salary range will reflect the additional 6.95%. Please review the Classification and Compensation page for more details, or you may visit our website for information on Pay Equity.
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must complete the required Task that will be sent to your Workday account after successfully submitting your application. This Task will prompt you to provide the appropriate documentation. Please visit: Veterans Resources
for additional information on required documentation.Equity and Inclusion:
We foster fairness, equity, and inclusion to maintain a workplace environment where everyone is treated with respect and dignity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, veteran status, disability, or status as a victim of domestic violence, harassment, sexual assault, or stalking. This policy applies to every aspect of our employment practices, including recruitment, hiring, retention, promotion, and training.Criminal Records Check:
The Employment Department is committed to being a leader in providing its employees with fair and equal employment opportunities and recognizes that as a best practice in equity and inclusion, criminal background check policies shall be job related and consistent with business necessity.The agency will only consider information from the past four years (starting from the date of the arrest) for nonviolent offenses and the past seven years for violent offenses when conducting its own criminal records checks pursuant to Oregon Administrative Rules (OAR) 125-###-#### through 125-###-####. For positions with authorized access to FBI Criminal Justice Information Systems (CJIS) information, a separate criminal records check is conducted by the Oregon State Police. If you would like further information on how each criminal records check is conducted, please read our Criminal Records Check Policy
or contact us at the number below with any questions.Contact Information and Helpful Links:
- If you have questions about the job announcement or need an alternate format to apply, please contact us at 503-###-####; ...@oregon.gov . Please be sure to include the job announcement number.
- SHL Online Assessment: If you experience any technical difficulties accessing or taking the SHL Assessment, please contact SHL by submitting an online request for assistance. To submit an online request for SHL technical support, please click here . You will then need to select the issue you need assistance with and submit an assistance request form. You may also call SHL for support (800).###.#### (option 1).
- If you have any questions about the SHL Online Assessment, please read our FAQ document .
- Understanding the State Application Process:
- Reasonable Accommodations:
- Resources for Job Seekers:
Associated topics: algorithm, back end, c c++, c#, java, matlab, php, sdet, software developer, software development engineer