AccessPoint is looking for a BI (Tableau) Developer for our Healthcare IT client in Louisville, KY. This is a full-time direct hire opportunity with an option for temp-to-perm. Our client offers competitive pay and a great benefit package.
The BI (Tableau) Developer will leverage technical expertise in database applications, ETL processes and automation in support of health system and data exchange and integration needs. Serves as Tableau Developer subject matter expert, providing analytics team and other analysts in the organization with information on latest Tableau updates, best practices and troubleshooting. Develops new and novel ways to display and distribute information to the organization. Demonstrates exceptional data storytelling capabilities by transforming data into actionable insights with the visual presentation of data.
- Analyze and translate business needs and requirements into design and implementation of intuitive information dashboards and visualizations.
- Development of complex information dashboards, reports and visualizations using Tableau.
- Design, develop, and test Tableau scripts to import data from source systems and test Tableau dashboards to meet customer requirements.
- Work with stakeholders to identify, develop and track metrics and performance measures within Tableau.
- Develop easily understood and actionable tools and visuals to help stakeholders understand information to inform operational decision making.
- Ensure solutions are thoroughly tested and delivered timely and accurately to meet the business need.
- Reviews upgrade documentation and evaluates, anticipates and communicates risks to existing dashboards recommending approaches to mitigate those risks.
- Work closely and collaboratively with end users, analytics, EDW, application team, analysts and stakeholders to ensure best practices are being used, proper training is being offered and issues and questions are being answered promptly.
- Apply design patterns to develop BI solutions for delivery on web and mobile devices such as tablets and smartphones.
- Develop best practices, documentation standards, processes and procedures for Tableau Dashboard design and publishing.
- Maintain the production environment including resolving production issues and responding quickly to priority problems
- Create project reports, documentation and deliverables.
- Serve as mentoring resource for the application team and end users as appropriate
- Bachelors degree in Information Systems/Computer Science or related field. Equivalent experience will be considered
- 2+ years experience with Tableau development
- Demonstrated Experience with ETL tools /SQL/SSIS
- Demonstrated experience designing reporting dashboards
- Experienced partnering with stakeholders