Position: API Developer
Duration: Full Time
Location: Overland Park KS
The Sr. API developer will be responsible for designing and building Enterprise APIs to grow and support Client digital footprint. You will work with stakeholders, technology team leadership and subject matter experts to analyze, design, build and implement API's needed within the organization. You will also be in charge of implementation, documentation, and integration of a variety of software platforms through the REST API framework. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment and enables us to deliver and improve on the product quickly.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and extend Java solutions to achieve desired business outcomes.
- Capable of API delivery end to end which includes Planning, Design, Development, Testing, and Delivery of API(s).
- Develop and deploy API policies using Apigee Edge Platform or other API platforms.
- Understand creation and deployment of API led design strategy, API usage framework, and project team API enablement guidance as a core member of the service delivery team.
- Effectively communicates project expectations, issues, risks, and decisions to project team and business stakeholder related to API implementation
- Designs, Develops and prototypes cloud deployed, and DevOps enabled scalable solutions to business problems in alignment with the architecture direction and standards.
- Implement common APIs based on architecture guidelines and framework related to logging, authentication, security, error recovery etc.
- Participate in an agile delivery process, and as part of that help size stories and own, research and recommend new solution
- Work with development teams to integrate Java and API solutions with company business systems and third-party platforms.
- Analyze, manipulate and present data to support decision-making.
- Resolve and prevent reoccurrence of issues impacting system operation, import/export of data and connectivity to supporting systems.
- Stay abreast transportation and development trends, and determine value to the Company.
- Support business users to improve productivity, knowledge and competence..
- Collaborate with vendors and internal stakeholders to identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ensure quality and maintain performance of deployed solutions.
- Assist with other projects as needed to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the organization.
- Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment (e.g., people, processes, structure, or culture); adjusting effectively to change by exploring the benefits, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change successful.
2.Building Trusting Relationships - Using appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interacting with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Collaborating - Working cooperatively with others to help a team or work group achieve its goals.
- Communication - Conveying information and ideas clearly and concisely to individuals or groups in an engaging manner that help them understand and retain the message; listening actively to others.
- Continuous Learning - Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
- Initiating Action - Taking prompt action to accomplish work goals; taking action to achieve results beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Work Standards - Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5 years' experience developing Java based solutions.
- Experience as a team lead.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong technical aptitude, fast learner and effective problem solver.
- Self-motivated, goal oriented and capable of working both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Great team player with positive attitude.
- Experience in Java, Spring/Spring Boot.
- Knowledge of API design standards, patterns and best-practices especially Swagger and OpenAPI 3.0, REST, SOAP, MQ, JSON, Microservices etc.
- Experience in building Cloud Native applications on AWS/AzureP is preferred.
- Experience in using Apigee or a Cloud API Gateway is preferred.
- Knowledge of authentication, authorization of services via OAuth 2/OpenID Connect.
- Experience in testing using SOAUPUI, Selenium, Postman
- Awareness of software design principles and integration patterns in general and of consuming and creating REST and SOAP web services in particular.
- Experience in Relational and/or non-relational databases
- Experience in JMS, queues, publishing to and subscribing from topics
- Experience in CI/CD tools Jenkins, Maven, Jira, GitLab.
- Experience in unit testing with Junit, Mockito etc.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies (Scrum) and cross-functional teams (Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Developers, Designers, Business Analysts).
- Transportation industry knowledge a plus.
This job operates in a professional office environment indoors. Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
The position requires the ability to spend long hours sitting or standing while using office equipment and computers. Ability to perform repetitive tasks such as typing and keying. Occasional lifting, pushing/pulling, carrying 10 lbs of supplies and materials is required.
- provided by Dice
Associated topics: .net, algorithm, backend, back end, c c++, c#, devops, java, matlab, sde