CACI is currently looking for a Senior System/Infrastructure Engineer with agile methodology experience to join our BEAGLE (Border Enforcement Applications for Government Leading-Edge Information Technology) Agile Solution Factory (ASF) Team supporting Customs and Border Protection (CBP) client located in Northern Virginia! Join this passionate team of industry-leading individuals supporting the best practices in Agile Software Development for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
As a member of the BEAGLE ASF Team, you will support the men and women charged with safeguarding the American people and enhancing the Nations safety, security, and prosperity. CBP agents and officers are on the front lines, every day, protecting our national security by combining customs, immigration, border security, and agricultural protection into one coordinated and supportive activity.
ASF programs thrive in a culture of innovation and are constantly seeking individuals who can bring creative ideas to solve complex problems, both technical and procedural at the team and portfolio levels. The ability to be adaptable and to work constructively with a technically diverse and geographically separated team is crucial.
What youll get to do:
- Managing and monitoring all installed systems and infrastructure. Installing, configuring, testing and maintaining operating systems, application software and system management tools. Ensuring the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Responsible for designing, building, deploying, and maintaining the IT infrastructure using the latest technology.
- Responsible for assisting with both on and off-site installation, configuration, staging of equipment, creating images, unit and hardware replacement and swaps, minor repairs, cabling, replacing components on workstations and related peripherals, and testing hardware and software components.
- Apply comprehensive knowledge of Information Security issues to include cloud technology, internet servers, web-enabled database application, network security, security engineering, data integrity, intrusion detection, firewalls management, legal information security, virtual private networks, public key/infrastructure/digital signature, encryption, network security architecture and DHS Policy
- Responsible for diagnosing and resolving software and hardware issues, including operating systems (Windows 10), across a range of (Point of Sale) POS software related issues: Network connectivity, LAN/WAN, Window 10, BIOS, Hardware, Peripheral Hardware, applications etc.,
- Strong understanding of Local & Wide Area Networks (LAN/WAN) and should possess a firm grasp of TCP/IP fundamentals.
- Responsible for creating, maintaining and publishing relevant support documentation such as installation guides, knowledge bases, and Job aids for POS project deliverables.
- Ensures information security requirements are adhered, and address security vulnerability to ensure remediation
- Experience working with application development tools and practices, such as version control, defect tracking, build management, test management and other activities related to configuration management.
- Ensures that the systems supporting federal government infrastructure projects and programs (of any size) function efficiently.
- Experience creating and reviewing designs to add VLAN 139 subnets to the access layer switches.
- Experience with routing and network configurations.
- Experience with converting as-is architecture from Layer 2 to Layer 3 in order to support the new workstations with their own VLAN and subnet.
- Experience creating blueprints and diagrams for complex communication networks that ensure the federal government infrastructure systems work together
- Recommends implementation of updated network systems to deliver cost benefits without reducing production
- Understanding of Firewall technologies, VPN management, and Network Intrusion detection systems preferred.
- Experience supporting IT service delivery in a highly regulated and audited environment preferred.
- Knowledge of ITIL Service Model required, specifically in incident and change management.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to pass CBP background investigation, criteria include, but not limited to:
- 3 year check for felony convictions
- 1 year check for illegal drug use
- 1 year check for misconduct such as theft or fraud
- BA in computer science, information technology, engineering, or a related field
- Minimum of 8 years of experience Installing, configuring, testing and maintaining operating systems, application software and system
- Technical Certification across various brands and pieces that make up the infrastructure (MCITP, VCP, CCNP, and more) is a plus
- Work experience in a public sector Infrastructure projects and programs is a plus
- 5+ years of experience in network administration, and managing computer networks
- 3+ years experience in network architecture and deployment
- Network Security background and Cloud/AWS experience preferred
You are good at:
- Know how to troubleshoot problems across all the pieces of infrastructure in a collaborative team environment
- Communicate effectively with team members, business owners, application owners, and end users in plain English while keeping in mind their needs and the needs of IT
- Clearly understand how to perform BIOS updates, assemble workstations, create software images, install, repair, upgrade, configure and rollback System Hardware and Software for federal government infrastructure projects.
- Provide on and off-site support, telephone support, and remote access support for federal government infrastructure projects hardware and software.
- Perform assigned tasks efficiently, collaborate with other team members, and communicate effectively and efficiently.
- Take ownership of issues by carrying out problem analysis, implementing temporary and permanent fixes with the goal of restoring service to the customer as soon as possible; escalating issues to management and project teams when necessary.
- Possess strong interpersonal communications, time management, organization, decision making and customer service skills.
- Have understanding of .Net (including C# application code)
- Have a basic understanding of MS SQL Server
- Coordinate all services calls with external support vendors of federal government.
- Have strong written/verbal communications skills required.
- Be open to local and international travel as needed, to provide on-site implementation support.
US-Falls Church-VA-VIRGINIA SUBURBAN
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Associated topics: cloud architect, http, information architect, maintain, maintenance, network, senior engineer, senior system engineer, system architect, system integrator