Abile Group, Inc. is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer with comprehensive knowledge and skills to assume the role of subject matter expert in one or a combination of disciplines including conference room design, software, networking, and information assurance and cyber security. The system is a multiple security level, unified communication system, providing critical services including Voice over IP (VoIP), Video Teleconferencing (VTC), Audio Visual (AV) communication, and electronic document distribution. The candidate must be an experienced engineer with lifecycle experience in information system development through fielding. The Senior Systems Engineer contributes to technical planning, system design, and cost and risk analyses.
- Assists in the logical and systematic conversion of customer requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints
- Performs functional analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation, and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications
- Ensures system and interface requirements support cybersecurity needs
- Coordinate with system stakeholders to define IA related system integration needs and schedules, such as certification events and test and operational key needs
- Develops new concepts, techniques, and standards. Guides complex projects to completion
- Interacts internally with systems engineering leadership and externally as a consultant to customers
- Responsible for overseeing the configuring, managing, monitoring, and maintaining government Command and Control (C2) voice and video collaboration devices.
- Subject matter expert for architecting, implementing, testing, and troubleshooting enterprise collaboration solutions supporting an operational voice and video network.
- Develops collaboration architecture designs, studies and plans; supports design, test readiness, and operational readiness reviews
- Provides senior program managers with recommendations on voice and video collaboration approaches and strategies for new and continued business
- Develops, implements, and manages voice and video collaboration processes including design standards to ensure compliance, relevancy, and sustainability
- Performs capacity planning of the collaboration services by monitoring and analyzing network, performance and availability of voice and video services
- Proactively researches and evaluates tools and technologies, as appropriate, to the collaboration environment, while developing solutions to increase performance and lower the total cost of ownership
- Provides Tier III support by providing trouble resolution of the voice and video infrastructure and perform on-call duties and off-hours support when needed
Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Degree and Years of Experience: Bachelor s degree or equivalent plus 10+ years of experience
- Cisco Certified Collaboration Expert (CCCE), Cisco Certified Voice Expert (CCVE), Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Cisco Certified Design Expert (CCDE), or Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP) certification
- DoDI 8570 IAT or IAM Level 3 compliant professional certification (i.e. CISSP, CISM, GSLC, GCIH, CISA, GCED, or SCNA)
- Familiarity with converged AV and IT systems composed of AV switchers and mixers, HD cameras and displays, VTC codecs, AV room controllers (AMX), multiple-security level VTC systems, and executive level conference rooms.
- Experience with Cisco's Tele-presence suite (VCS-Control/Expressway, MCUs, TMS, endpoints, etc.) as well as common signaling protocols (SIP and H.323)
- Experience with Cisco CUCM, and Interworking Gateways
- Familiarity with Cisco routing, switching (IOS) and firewall (ASA) administration
- Experience with technical writing
- Familiarity with DoD IA requirements, hardening, and patching
- Guides in technology evaluation and selection processes, ensuring compatibility between client requirements and technical performance. Documents analysis and recommendations
- Addresses vendor and product issues
- Effectively communicates with clients, peers and management by blending appropriate levels of technical and business detail to ensure issues are thoroughly understood by his/her audience
- Guides in establishing processes and procedures that improve efficiency and support compliance with federal and regulatory requirements.
- Develops and maintains relationships with clients, peers, vendors and management
Abile Group, Inc. was formed in July 2004 to partner with the Intelligence Community and their Contractors in the areas of Enterprise Analytics & Performance Management, IT & Systems Engineering and Program & Project Management. We have significant experience with the Federal Government and are an EDWOSB dedicated to our employees and clients. We are looking for high performing employees who enjoy providing advice and guidance along with solutions development and implementation support, crafted by combining industry best practices with the clients subject matter experience and Abile s breadth of expertise.
Abile Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Anyone requiring reasonable accommodations should email ...@abilegroup.com with requested details. A member of the HR team will respond to your request within 2 business days.
Please review our current job openings and apply for the positions you believe may be a fit. If you are not an immediate fit, we will also keep your resume in our database for future opportunities.
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task