* Senior Cloud Engineer/Architect to be the SME and technical thought leader for the Department of Public Health adoption and migration to AWS.
* The Business Requirements for this position are a secure and stable AWS environment that enhances the agency's ability to provide services. This position drives the culture of moving to the AWS cloud and is responsible for generating excitement and trust for the AWS environment.
* The AWS Engineer in this position is responsible for assisting other IT staff members to develop and meet the functional business requirements.
* Senior Cloud Engineer/Architect to be the SME and technical thought leader for the Iowa Department of Public Health adoption and migration to AWS.
* This person is the senior contributor in implementing next-gen technology stacks for the organization's digital transformation.
* He/She ensures software and systems management integration to achieve their objectives of reliability and scalability.
* IDPH has a current AWS production environment and seeks a senior AWS engineer to take overall responsibility for the AWS infrastructure.
* The Senior Cloud Engineer/Architect is a hands-on technical position that requires thinking clearly in a highly stressful, fast-paced environment.
* The expectation is that this person hits the ground running on the first day.
Architect, implement and maintain solutions that ensure our services' availability, capacity, performance, and security, such as auto-scaling, load balancers, gateways, endpoints, forward and reverse proxies, firewalls, traffic inspection, and remote access capabilities.
Provide expert level design and operational practices for AWS
Own technical recommendations for critical aspects of our technology operations in areas including Production, deployment process automation, monitoring, and security
Ensure alignment between security architecture frameworks, standards, and overall IT cloud strategy
Provide training on various cloud security and cloud technologies and mentor other staff on these topics
Create and maintain build scripts, templates, and other artifacts for the Infrastructure stack
Support Continuous Integration (CI) and build servers, and ensure adherence to CI principles
Support the migration of applications to the cloud infrastructure and assist in analyzing, tuning, and re-architecture when necessary to ensure adherence to business requirements.
Technical Competencies Required:
EC2, including understanding options and requirements, monitoring and detailed monitoring options
EC2 AMI process.
Understanding of Auto-scaling, including consequences and requirements
RDS for database, S3, and Glacier for storage and backups.
Lifecycle management, OS updates
Elastic Container Registry
Elastic Container Service
Integration with CI/CD
Dev/test/prod deployment process
How to USE S3 and other AWS services and resources
How to use 3rd party mail services Ex. SendGrid
Identity Access Management (IAM)
CloudTrail (with networking coordination for flow logs)
Resource Access Manager
VPCs, Subnets, Internet Gateways
VPC Flow Logs
VPN Configuration, setup, and troubleshooting
Experience with a Software Repository
Software deployment experience
Integration with CI/CD
How to MAKE USE OF S3, RDS, and other AWS services and resources
Dev/test/prod deployment process awareness/understanding
Third-party logging product (Sumo Logic) or "ELK Stack" preferred
AWS Single Sign-On
Non-AWS Skills Requirements:
Microsoft AD Experience
QA and operations experience
IT experience with a minimum of 3 years of Senior Level Experience with AWS installation and Cloud Automation tools configuration. 10 YEARS REQUIRED
Demonstrated experience with the next generation AWS security stack.
Demonstrated experience working with AWS to provide highly-available, secure, and reliable services that take advantage of AWS's catalog of pre-existing solutions where possible.
Demonstrated experience leveraging AWS Identity & Access Management services and the integration of 3rd party solutions with these systems. A thorough understanding of AWS Organizations' best practices related to security and governance across multiple accounts is required.
Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated technical leadership
Ability to partner with the IT, engineering, and security teams to develop, deploy, and maintain secure cloud architectures aligned to internal standards and current best practices.
Partner with Security and Network Engineering to enable global routing across AWS accounts, regions, and physical locations.
Demonstrated experience conducting reviews and evaluations of new AWS services and service enhancements relevant to our current and future state infrastructure.
Skill Required / Desired Amount of Experience
-IT experience with a minimum of 3 years Senior Level Experience with AWS installation, and configuration of Cloud Automation tools. Required 10 Years
-Demonstrated experience with the next generation AWS security stack.Required 3 Years
-Demonstrated Experience working with AWS to provide highly-available, secure, and reliable services that take advantage of AWS s catalog of pre-existi Required 3 Years
-Demonstrated Experience leveraging AWS Identity & Access Management services and the integration of 3rd party solutions with these systems. A thoroug Required 3 Years
-Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated technical leadership Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstr Required 3 Years
-Ability to partner with the IT, engineering and security teams to develop, deploy, and maintain secure cloud architectures aligned to internal standa Required 3 Years
-Partner with Security and Network Engineering to enable global routing across AWS accounts, regions, and physical locations while maintaining appropri Required 3 Years
-Demonstrated experience conducting reviews and evaluations of new AWS services and service enhancements relevant to our current and future state infr Required 3 Years
-AWS Solutions Architect and AWS Security Architect a plus Desired
Associated topics: architecture, backend, c#, expert, lead, matlab, perl, php, project architect, senior