Help lead the analysis and interpretation of 100,000s of genotyped and sequenced humans, with the goal of generating the knowledge that will enable Regeneron to deliver better medicines to the patients who need them. Provide leadership in statistical genetics and machine learning methods development on a range of problems central to analyses that connect genetic variation to human diseases and health. Provide leadership in the design, implementation and refinement of the methods and tools that will help these analyses to be executed and interpreted at scale.
As a Director, a typical day may include
- Develop and apply groundbreaking statistical and population genetics and/or machine learning and deploy them at scale to answer biological and disease genetics questions that cover all the areas of interest of the RGC.
- Take a leading role on special projects involving genome scale analyses of human genetic data and their application to elucidate sophisticated trait biology.
- Contribute to teams of investigators executing groundbreaking genomic analyses, both within an institution and across institutions.
- Implement solutions using modern cluster and cloud computing environments is required. The candidate will routinely use advanced tools for genomic analyses, for statistical analyses, automated intelligence, and computation in order to execute analyses at scale and to facilitate effective annotation, sharing and teamwork.
- Critically review and provide input on statistical methods and analyses plans, results and summaries to ensure they are accurate and reliable. Identify potential problems and propose remedies or refinements.
- Outstanding communication skills to present new methods and concepts and the study results to a variety of technical audiences, ranging from specialists in statistical genetics and computation to specialists in biology, drug design and medicine.
- Work in a highly interactive environment with a diverse team of colleagues. Provide mentorship and guidance to more junior colleagues to help them develop their full potential and build new skills and abilities. The outstanding candidate will be able help teams of skilled individuals to consistently achieve high levels of motivation, passion and performance.
This position might be for you if you have:
- A strong track record in development of statistical genetics, population genetics or machine learning methods in a creative and insightful manner, and experience of applied analyses of data at scale.
- Broad understanding of the challenges and opportunities at all stages of genetic association and population genetic studies - ranging from design, quality control, association analysis, phasing, imputation, polygenic risk scores, fine mapping, colocalization, mendelian randomization, heritability, population structure, functional interpretation, data visualization, and follow-up experiments in cells and model organisms.
- You will have demonstrated use of whole genome sequence and genotype to dissect complex human traits.
- A track record of building, organizing and leading teams with diverse skills and focused on human genomic data. A record of mentoring and developing talent.
- Expertise with the organization of large scale multi-site experiments and in the execution of genotyping and sequencing experiments.
- Ability to summarize and distill results concisely. Excellent oral presentation and writing skills.
Expertise in developing analysis packages and tools is highly desired, as demonstrated by leadership or contributor roles to statistical packages available on GitHub or elsewhere.
PhD + 10+ years demonstrated ability
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.
Associated topics: baler, gluer, label, package, packaging banding, pharmaceutical packaging, seal, straw sealing, styrofoam, wrap