Lead Software Developer for Online Member Experience:
The secret of Costcos success is its culture. The value Costco and Costco Travel puts on its employees is well documented in articles from a variety of publishers including Bloomberg. At Costco Travel IT we pride ourselves in our small, nimble teams that collaborate on common problems across products and focus areas.
On the Online Member Experience (OME) team, we work to develop and maintain a positive online experience that attracts our members and provides a seamless way for them to plan, find, book, and enjoy our travel offerings without the assistance of our travel agents. This includes work to make our website responsive and accessible.
This role requires deep technical expertise, domain proficiency, platform depth and leadership. The software developer coaches and mentors developers (experienced & Jr.) to help them progress their technical knowledge and careers. Typical activities include leading requirements analysis, solution design, technical development and process improvement coupled with the ability to drive efforts and solution improvements effectively.
Job Duties/Essential Functions
Experience, skills, education & licenses/certifications
- Responsible for technical design and development of in-house travel booking web applications based on the gathered requirements for multiple development teams.
- Effectively leads and collaborates in planning, decomposing and estimating new delivery work.
- Ensures solutions are secure, durable, scalable, flexible and accessible and proactively mitigates against production support issues.
- Demonstrates technical leadership to manage and provide multiple technical solutions, performs code reviews, establishes and enforces coding guidelines and best practices.
- Initiates and facilitates team meetings to socialize technical ideas, encourages a culture of technical excellence within the organization and identifies opportunities for adopting innovation.
- Be a voice and evangelist for good engineering, understand implications of design and implementation choices.
- Handles concurrent projects, multiple competing priorities and meets deadlines.
- Builds and maintains strong working relationships with team members.
- Provides coaching and mentoring to team members disseminating information through documentation, workshops, etc. to drive operational efficiencies and technical growth within the team.
- Understands and escalates technical challenges with options and recommendations.
- 5+ years of experience with design and development of client/server and/or web based applications.
- 4+ years of experience working with relational databases (preferably MS-SQL Server and T-SQL).
- Good understanding and experience with SOAP and/or REST based Web services
- Demonstrated track record of driving high-quality software design/implementation to production
- Bachelor's degree, or the equivalent, in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Must be a quick learner with the ability to learn and incorporate new technologies and concepts.
- Self-motivated, dedicated, and driven to succeed.
- Able to easily shift focus with changing priorities.
- Good debugging, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, analytical and problem solving skills.
- A passion for being part of a team willing to self-assess in order to continually find better ways to do things.
- Experience working in a Scrum/Agile environment.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Travel industry knowledge.
Please click here to receive a copy of the Costco Applicant Information Privacy Notice.
- Management will review the Job Analysis for this position prior to a job offer.
Associated topics: .net, application, back end, develop, java, matlab, programming, software developer, software engineer, sw