Senior Node.js Developer
At springbig, our mission is to be the best platform that allows dispensary owners and producers to understand and communicate with their customers. We are a rapidly growing SaaS company that is focused on providing loyalty and communications to cannabis industry worldwide.
Our team boasts a combination of some of the most accomplished and experienced titans of the tech and marketing space, as well the most talented young minds in the industry. We found business owners in the cannabis industry to be underserved and in most cases ignored, so we designed our platform to give dispensaries and producers the most innovative tools in marketing and we never stop innovating.
Our headquarters are located in beautiful Boca Raton, FL with team members distributed around the country. This position is currently not remote, relocation assistance available.
What will I be working on?
As a Senior Node.js Developer, youll be working with us in all aspects of the product, from its core infrastructure to the various micro-services. As a part of the development team, you will wear multiple hats, turn ambiguity into details, take the lead on building complex features, and continuously find opportunities to improve performance and increase reliability.
- 3+ years of professional development experience
- 3+ years of experience in implementing Node.js based web applications and supporting microservices that have shipped
- Must be comfortable managing other developers and conducting code reviews
- You enjoy writing well-tested, well-organized code
Role and Responsibilities
- Design, development and delivery of Node.js-based database solutions, back end applications, microservices, processes and APIs
- Implement integrations with external APIs and data providers.
- Design, develop, and deploy APIs to integrate across multiple new and existing business applications.
- Manage and deploy the infrastructure to support the platform ecosystem.
- Coordinate the development with other technology platforms.
- Design and modify database schemas.
- Coordinate with Quality Assurance (QA) during hand-over and subsequent defect correction (fixes bugs).
- Refactor, as necessitated by addition of features or in response to code review.
- Implement automated tests.
- Continuous interaction with Team members via Jira, Confluence and other tools
- 3+ years of Node.js development and test experience.
- 3+years of experience developing real-time Node.js application and microservices.
- Mastery of concepts such as event-driven programming, multi-threadedness and testing of real-time applications.
- Ability to demonstrate and walk through code for applications currently in production.
- Familiarity with the AWS environment, including Lambda, SQS and Kinesis.
- Expertise with SQL schema construction/analysis and query language.
- Experience with Git.
- Helpful: Ruby on Rails
Our current stack: Rails, Node.js, Backbone.js, AWS.
What are we looking for in a team member?
Your specialization is less important than your ability to learn fast, communicate and adapt to shifting priorities.
Were especially fond of people who:
- Communicate well and articulate ideas clearly.
- Focus on project goals, not just writing code.
- Contribute ideas.
- Take initiative.
- Have a hacker mindset and master the fine art of balancing time, features, and quality of code.
- You know when to unit test and when to just ship it.
Whats it like to work at springbig?
Its awesome! Were a driven, passionate, responsible group who values professional growth and work life balance.
We take care of our team members:
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited PTO
- Choose your own equipment
- 401k match
- Great health benefits (medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, Life Insurance)
- Casual and comfortable working environment
And infuse lightness and creativity into our days:
- Stocked coffee, snacks and candy bar
- Pizza parties and team lunches
- Spontaneous games of tabletop cornhole or NERF wars
- Company sponsored Fantasy Football league and March Madness bracket challenge
Powered by JazzHR
Associated topics: back end, c c++, c++, develop, developer, devops, python, sdet, software development engineer, software programmer