Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking a talented Software Engineer Mid Level for our San Antonio or Plano, TX location(s).
Provides support to the Enterprise and has an opportunity to significantly impact organizational growth and effectiveness through delivering best in class technology solutions. Engaged in all phases of the software systems and application development lifecycle which include; gathering and analyzing requirements, designing, testing, documenting and implementing software, responding to outages. Identify and manage existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and ensure these risks are effectively identified and escalated to be measured, monitored and controlled.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level. In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For , and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
ABOUT USAA IT
Our most important qualification isn't technical, it's human. Here, we don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 12 million members who rely on us every day. We are over 4,000 employees strong, a passionately supportive and collaborative team built on agile principles. We've been a top-two Computerworld 100 Best Places to Work in IT five years in a row and were recently named a Top 50 Employer for Minority Engineers & IT by Workforce Diversity Magazine. See what it's like to work for a company where your passion meets our purpose: USAA Information Technology: A Realistic Preview
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Design, develop, code, and test complex technical solutions collaborating with senior engineers.
- May lead code/design reviews to ensure smooth daily operations and accurate planning at a team level.
- May begin to organize work and lead team to deliver features and solutions.
- Resolves complex production issues with independence by troubleshooting complex applications and systems independently.
- May begin mentoring junior engineers.
- Bachelor's degree in related field of study OR Certification from an approved technical field of study OR 4 additional years of related experience in lieu of a degree.
- 4 years of software development experience demonstrating depth of technical understanding within a specific discipline(s)/technology(s)
- Experience with React
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience with Jest
- Experience with Enzyme
- Experience with HTML and CSS
- Experience consuming RESTful web services and APIs
- Experience with Computer Vision and / or OpenCV
- Experience developing payments / payment processing software applications
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is notavailable for this position.
Associated topics: .net, backend, back end, developer, devops, perl, php, programming, sde, software programmer