Be our customer-facing catalyst who creates possibilities, solves problems, and establishes strategic relationships. The Red Hat Public Sector Sales team is looking for a Solutions Architect with experience working as an enterprise architect to join us in McLean, VA. In this role, you will help us make open source technology both practical and workable for our largest strategic customers. You'll also help our customers invest wisely in an infrastructure for both development and operations that will give them maximum flexibility in the future, helping them run faster and more efficiently. You'll need to have a balance of serious technical expertise, passion for open source, and deep understanding of business processes and IT problems faced at the enterprise level.
- Collaborate with local sales and technical delivery teams to bring our customers the best solutions from the Red Hat cloud infrastructure and application development portfolios
- Discover and analyze customer business and technical problems; apply appropriate Red Hat s solutions to address customer needs
- Provide presales technical support for the development and implementation of complex services and solutions
- Provide trusted innovative thinking internally and with our customers
- Use deep knowledge of the solutions and the industry to provide technical expertise to sales associates and the customers through sales presentations and demonstrations of our offerings; prepare detailed specifications for our offerings
- Follow standard practices and procedures for analyzing situations or data
- Organize, develop, and deliver enablement training around Red Hat technologies (i.e. RHEL, Ansible, Openshift, etc.) to IBM counterparts on the sales, presales, and consulting side
- Help build programs around Red Hat technical training for IBM, including use of Red Hat's partner portal, with pre and post-requisite training curriculums
- Deliver practical technical workshops to IBM teams virtually and in-person
- Help organize chat sessions, help channels, and other mediums to support question and answer (Q&A) for IBMers being trained up on Red Hat technical content
- Work with IBM counterparts to organize schedules, dates, and contacts throughout the U.S. to efficiently deliver enablement capabilities to IBM staff
- Work alongside Red Hat sales, marketing, and sales specialists covering the IBM account team to integrate a training and enablement strategy into their selling and go-to-market plans with IBM
- 5+ years of experience working in sales engineering, consulting, IT architecture, or equivalent supporting strategic accounts
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; record of developing relationships at engineering, program management, and executive levels
- Experience working with modern development practices like DevOps or continuous integration (CI)
- Knowledge of and experience working with development and deployment on JEE application servers like Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform (JBoss EAP), Oracle WebLogic, or IBM WebSphere
- Knowledge of and experience with enterprise solutions and architectures like cloud, applications, management, big data, virtualization, storage, RDBMS and enterprise resource management (ERP) tools like Oracle or SAP, clustering, and high availability
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA), Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE), VMware Certified Professional (VCP), or Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) certification
- Willingness to travel up to 50%
Red Hat is the world s leading provider of enterprise open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to deliver reliable and high-performing Linux, hybrid cloud, container, and Kubernetes technologies. Red Hat helps customers integrate new and existing IT applications, develop cloud-native applications, standardize on our industry-leading operating system, and automate, secure, and manage complex environments. Award-winning support, training, and consulting services make Red Hat a trusted adviser to the Fortune 500. As a strategic partner to cloud providers, system integrators, application vendors, customers, and open source communities, Red Hat can help organizations prepare for the digital future.
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.
Associated topics: .net, application architect, c#, design, design pattern, develop, java, project architect, senior, senior software developer