As the Enterprise Architect, IT - Enterprise Solutions you will provide guidance, create technology roadmaps, principles, standards and best practices. You will be focused on enabling business and IT leaders to make investment decisions that balance and prioritize
current operational demands, disruptions, and opportunities with the longer-term strategic vision of the organization. In this role you will leads programs to develop, maintain and govern the enterprise architecture across the Institute and works on highly complex ecosystem wide projects that require in-depth knowledge across multiple specialized architecture domains. The right candidate will be a well-seasoned enterprise architect with a good understanding of Enterprise Architecture concepts and ability to create blueprints, roadmaps, analysis of AS-IS and TO-BE architecture with focus on enterprise integrations
- Provides overall direction, guidance and definition of IT Ecosystem architecture to effectively support Adtalem s business strategy.
- Supports all architectural disciplines and champions architectural initiatives.
- Interfaces across education, research, and administrative areas, acting as visionary to proactively assist in defining the direction for future projects.
- Recommends allocation of invested dollars to meet Institute initiatives through review of development (business and technical) initiatives within the context of architecture.
- Works with IT leadership team to approve allocation.
- Reviews existing business processes and establishes metrics to improve business processes, as well as support of all architectural disciplines under their direction.
- Establishes and oversees the architecture team, including the recruitment, development and maintenance of the architecture staff.
- Mentoring, inspiring and leading tech leads, and engineers on proper development practices, patterns, and techniques.
- Flexibility and creativity in solution design including leveraging emerging technologies
- Provide a holistic view of enterprise solutions, taking into consideration operational costs, security, performance engineering, application development, and systems management.
- Work with other enterprise and solution architects in consultative roles.
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, System Analysis or a related field. Or equivalent work experience.
- Has 10 or more years of IT and business/industry work experience including architecture design and deployment, systems lifecycle management and infrastructure planning and operations, with 3 years of leadership experience in managing multiple, large, cross functional teams or projects, and influencing senior level management and key stakeholders.
- Should have a broad level of skills in architecting solutions including mobile, web, integration middleware, database & data warehouse, CRM, CMS, front-end technology & framework, security, and cloud infrastructure.
- Requires exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments. Knowledge of all components of holistic enterprise architecture, business re-engineering principles and processes, and basic knowledge of financial models and budgeting.
- Should have the ability to present complex technical concepts and solutions to non-technical audiences.
- Experience and comfort presenting to and interacting with C-level executives.
- Advanced degree in computer science, information systems, or computer engineering.
- Experience in the education domain is preferred.
- Experience in a large-scale Systems Integration as a part of a Merger or Acquisition is preferred.
- Architecture Certification: TOGAF, Zachman, AWS Architect is desirable.
- Experience with some of the following software solutions is ideal- Student Information Systems (SIS) such as Banner, Learning Management Systems (Blackboard, Canvas etc..), Financial, HR, and Legal solutions such as PeopleSoft, Hyperion, NetSuite, CRM (Salesforce), CMS (Drupal) etc..
- Significant breadth and depth of technologies in the areas of: Cloud solutions and deployments, preferable AWS and Azure; Services patterns, application containers, and API gateway management capabilities
- Experience architecting solutions on diverse API management platforms (APIGEE, Dell Boomi, Mulesoft, TIBCO, IIB)
- Direct experience with Agile and DevOps
- Knowledge and leadership on integration with CI/CD pipelines, test automation, multi-variant testing
- Strong knowledge base on Microservices based architecture and related technologies (Spring Boot, Containers ..)
- Experienced in leading and guiding the team on developing solutions that fully integrate and collaborate with existing IT systems to solve complex business solutions.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.
At Adtalem Global Education, we seek to empower students and members to achieve their goals, find success and make inspiring contributions to our global community. Adtalem is a leading workforce solutions provider that partners with organizations to proactively address future workforce needs and empowers career development with access to world-class academic curriculums, certifications and training programs across the medical and healthcare and financial services industries.
Adtalem institutions and companies include: American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine, Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists, Becker Professional Education, Chamberlain University, EduPristine, OnCourse Learning, Ross University School of Medicine and Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine. (NYSE: ATGE; member S&P MidCap 400 Index) For more information, please visit adtalem.com.
Associated topics: .net, application developer, architecture, backend, c/c++, expert, matlab, programming, senior, software engineer lead