IT Project Management
. New York, New York
For over three decades , many of the worlds leading firms have relied on Align as a tru sted IT solution provider and center of excellence in IT advisory, infrastructure design , build , delivery and managed services . We are actively seeking innovative minds to establish and strengthen our team to deliver high-quality state-of-the-art technology solutions for our enterprise and boutique clients.
If you are seek ing to lead challenging projects for some of todays most fascinating companies while leveraging an exceptional team and long track record of success , then we want to hear from you today . Position Overview
Align seeks a Technologist with Data Center Migration experience and a focus on Application Migration. This person will lead and perform hands-on current state assessment projects. Knowledge of application dependencies mapping tools, Device42 is preferred, and also manual processes is required. Candidates must have proven expertise managing current state to future state infrastructure assessments with a focus on server, application and workload migrations including cloud. Qualified individuals will be working in fast-paced enterprise-level environments requiring exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills. This is a highly visible role that will have constant interaction with key clients. This role will m anage complex projects, working in a matrix environment to plan, schedule and execute projects for various-sized enterprise clients (infrastructure, storage, network, server and IT appliances, etc.) .
- This role is based out of our New York City office ., but will primarily work remote. The position requires some travel, based on client project requirements.
- This is a full-time position offering full benefits, a competitive salary, paid training and performance-based bonuses .
- Drive technology infrastructure from current state to future state with a focus on data center migration
- Act as a technical lead for Application Dependency Mapping, Profiling and Infrastructure ''Right Sizing''
- Act as an SME forapplication dependency mapping both manual processes and utilizing tools, such as Device42
- Lead and conduct workshops with Application Owners and work with Project Managers to put together migration plans
- Assist with creation of Statements of Work and support the sales process
- Manage the project teams including; Align, the client and the vendors throughout the project
- Gather documentation and b uild and develop a delivery plan for all the work streams
- Manage all relevant migration plans and wave event planning (i.e., run books, execution plans)
- Advise clients on potential risk, and manage client expectations
- Continually improve the process and framework and update our migration solution
- Minimum of five years of Data Center Migration and IT transformation project experience ( assessments, migrations, consolidations, virtualization projects, etc. )
- In-Depth Application Migration experience in the context of a Data Center Migration or Infrastructure Transformation Program
- Advanced knowledge of Application Dependency Mapping
- Experience with Device42 or similar CMDB, Application Mapping or Device Discover Tools
- Must have prior experience acting as technical lead on one or more complex, enterprise-level data center migration or consolidation projects
- A holistic understanding of IT infrastructure inclusive of s erver, storage, netwo rk, database, systems , DR/business recovery and continuity practices, etc.
- A foundational understanding of public cloud models (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and providers (AWS, Azure, Google)
- F amiliar with application and workload dependencies , architecture and service level requirements
- Understands application and workload move dispositions (cloud, P2V, V2V, P2P, Lift and Shift) and the methodologies around each
- Applied understanding of data center functions, technologies and interdependencies
- Excellent communication, organization and writing skills are required
- Experience executing change control, quality, risk management and communications throughout the project
- Knowledge of MS Project, PowerPoint, Visio and Office tools to manage plans, charts, reports and documentation, etc.
- ITSM knowledge is a plus
- Must be able to travel as needed
- Bachelors degree preferred
Align is a dynamic and flexible place to work, offering professionals unparalleled opportunities to train in the leading technologies, make an impact within the industry and control their own destinies. We have a flawless track record of delivering technical solution s and have established long-standing relationships with an impressive client list of both Global 1000 and SMB clients.
We work across a diverse list of industries including financial services, life sciences (pharmaceutical and health care), retail, technology, media and telecommunications. We give our professionals the autonomy to pursue opportunities and manage assignments in ways that maximize their creativity and talents, leading to self-fulfillment and financial rewards.
For more details, visit www.align.com .
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task