The Electrical Program Manager maintains and coordinates the operations and repairs for all electrical equipment onsite. Builds and maintains relationship with client Electrical Engineers to partner with and communicate status of electrical program. Ensures that electrical related procedures are written correctly prior to execution of work.
- Completes assigned projects by utilizing appropriate resources effectively and balancing the customer requirements with the agreed upon strategies of the company.
- Determines and facilitates the usages of resources, internal and external, required for the project.
- Responsible for the successful management and completion of projects.
- Responsible for the definition of customer project requirements.
- Own, manage and implement the project schedule as a project management and client management visibility tool, establish schedule to meet or exceed customer requirements.
- Provide ongoing updates to internal team and customers regarding project status and progress.
- Work to balance customer priorities and negotiate compromises among projects.
- Ensure all Projects are performed safely and in accordance with the JLL Safety Policies/Procedures.
- Oversee the document management process to ensure procedures and standards are established, maintained and performed.
- Capture all customer impacting and non-customer impacting events in order to become more equipped to be proactive and preventative (Problem/Incident Management (PIM).
- Ensure compliance by capturing and consolidating training into a single system and produce high level reporting.
- Establish Key Performance Indicators, and Key Factors to be used in the Measurement and Verification Phase.
- Provide proposals for retrofits, upgrades and/or enhancements to existing equipment.
- Responsible for ensuring high customer and employee satisfaction.
- Ensure customer project information such as work orders, job worksheets, and site information is forwarded to other departments such as operations and accounting to ensure quality customer service, timely billing, and financial management of the project.
- Document, manage and appropriately escalate project and customer issues and concerns.
- Communicate with other JLL Departments to ensure agreements are successfully managed, opportunities are maximized, and customers are satisfied.
- Evaluate industry standards as new standards emerge for best practices, and closely coordinate these potential opportunities with our clients and share all applicable information abroad.
- Ability to clearly explain technical information internally and externally to the customer.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Must have demonstrated proficiency for all the responsibilities of a Critical Facilities Engineer.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Facilities Management, Construction Management, Engineering or equivalent field of study or equivalent work experience required.
- Five (5) years of experience in facility management or related field required.
- Knowledge of Data Center Operations and System configurations required.
- Five (5) years of experience in critical electrical industry required
- Professional affiliations preferred (24x7, IFMA, and Data Center Pulse).
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, Outlook and Visio required; working knowledge of SharePoint required.
- Expert knowledge of Data Center Operations and System configurations required.
- Journeyman license is a plus
- Knowledge of building infrastructure systems required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Strong team building and training skills required.
- Working knowledge of typical mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and life safety systems associated to Critical Environments preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Physical ability to walk job sites in uneven terrain.
- Provide personal transportation for meetings and job visits away from the office; reimbursed.
- Ability and willingness to work weekends, holidays, overtime as required, and be "on call" on a 24 x 7 basis for emergency situations.
- Work in potentially hazardous environments with noise, moving parts, electrical and combustion equipment
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL's recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a full copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
Pursuant to Illinois Law, applicants are not obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest.
Jones Lang LaSalle ("JLL") is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process - including the online application and/or overall selection process - you may email us at ...@am.jll.com. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.
Associated topics: custom, director, gcc, healthcare, manager, project manager, public, public works, site supervisor, supervisor