Location: OmniSource - Corporate - Fort Wayne, IN
Job Title: IT Help Desk Technician
Brief Description: This position is responsible for providing IT help desk support for OmniSource and SDI Corporate users. Duties include answering help desk calls, troubleshooting problems, entering and monitoring work orders/resolutions.
- Answer the help desk phone lines and be a part of the weekly rotation for answering after-hours emergency calls.
- Log calls requesting technical assistance into the help desk software.
- Troubleshoot software & hardware issues and document resolutions.
- Assign work orders, follow up on status, and communicate status to users.
- Handle requests, verify requested information with managers, and track progress.
- Assist with installation and configuration of PC's, laptops, and peripherals.
- Process New User Requests and Termination Requests.
- Support Retail equipment- ATM, printers, cameras, scale interface.
- Periodically travel to remote locations and assist other IT technicians.
- All other duties as required.
- Associate's degree or equivalent technical work experience.
- Knowledge of various versions of Microsoft Windows and Office required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange preferred.
- Timely communication and complying with policies and procedures required.
- The ideal candidate must be energetic, detail oriented, and organized.
- Good problem solving skills and work well in a team environment.
- Flexible work schedule.
Steel Dynamics Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Associated topics: assistant, client support, customer support, edi, excel, help desk, information technology support, system support, technical support, troubleshoot