The intent of this work order is to supplement the DOR Miscellaneous Applications Section focusing on development, testing, and deployment of enterprise application solutions. This individual will need to work with various business and technology groups to understand requirements for each area of the organization. Design documentation will need to be produced documenting final deployment details along with support procedures as needed. Architectural technical and documentation skills are equally important for this position.
Under general supervision, the contractor will serve as an Architect responsible for the development and maintenance of architecture models for large-scale enterprise web applications. The contractor designs component structures and relationships, builds architecture framework, utilizes development application technologies such as services oriented architecture (SOA), workflow engines, and business rules engines to build secure high-performance, maintainable application architectures. The contractor serves as a senior development consultant to application and systems analysts in the design of application components within the SC-DOR software development life cycle. The contractor also works with senior analysts and to develop architecture frameworks for responsible programs.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Effectively interact and communicate with peers to Director-level IT professionals.
- Provide feedback to team regarding product issues, enhancements and new features.
- Must have initiative, drive and be a self-starter.
- Ability to ask pertinent questions of others.
- Proactively seek to identify, communicate and implement process related improvements.
- Effectively manage multiple tasks and activities concurrently and able to provide periodic status updates to key stakeholders
- Collaborate extensively with peers and management to resolve client issues while actively contributing to a growing knowledge network that improves the effectiveness of our team and the information available to our clients.
- Prioritize numerous issues of varying severity, and effectively manage the resolution of all issues within accepted service levels. This includes ownership of the data entered into the Helpdesk system and appropriately updating both client and appropriate employees of status of all issues on a timely basis.
- Good customer skills, be attentive to detail, and responsive to customer tickets.
The contractor will:
- Analyze project requirements and recommend techniques, tools, and methodologies to achieve goals
- Design objects, modules, and components to meet business requirements
- Document the system design and detailed technical specifications required for new applications to be developed, including workflow models, class diagrams, interaction diagrams, component diagrams, deployment diagrams, and other systems documentation
- Consult with technical support, network administration, and database administration areas to ensure coherent total design of the system and to resolve any technology issues
- Develop new web applications primarily using C#
- Fully test and debug all applications prior to use in a production environment
- Provide support to all users during the User Acceptance Testing phase
- Serve as reviewer for a structured process review for each phase of the software development lifecycle for web applications to verify standards are followed and advise where standards are not
- Prepare progress reports and keep management and business users informed
- Develop and maintain architecture models that support the operations of enterprise applications
- Build architecture framework based on thorough understanding of enterprise core business processes and stakeholder requirements.
- Server as senior consultant to applications and systems analysts in the design and development of application components within architectural framework
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
Application level security
.Net Framework (ASP.net, ADO.net)
Web development using MVC
General database design and administration
Internet Information Services
Verbal Communication Skills
Written Communication Skills
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
Experience in projects involving PCI/ NIST/Pub10NA security implementations and / or audits.
Microsoft Team Foundations Server
Working in team development environment
A bachelor s degree in information technology systems, computer science, or related field and six (6) years experience in information technology systems or related area. ; or an associate's degree and eight (8) years experience in information technology systems or related area; or a high school diploma and ten (10) years experience in information technology systems or related area.
INTERVIEW PROCESS (phone, video or in-person, how many rounds of i/v s, etc)?
One to two rounds of interviews. In-person interviews preferred but phone interviews can be arranged if needed based on localityREQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE): C# Application level security .Net Framework (ASP.net, ADO.net) Web development using MVC General database design and administration Internet Information Services Organizational Skills Verbal Communication Skills Written Communication SkillsPREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE): Experience in projects involving PCI/ NIST/Pub10NA security implementations and / or audits. Microsoft Team Foundations Server Working in team development environment Security procedures Skills: Category Name Required Importance Level Last Used Experience Networking & Directories Information Security Yes 3 Intermediate Currently Using 2 - 4 Years Programming Languages .Net Yes 1 Advanced Currently Using 2 - 4 Years Programming Languages ASP.NET Yes 2 Advanced Currently Using 2 - 4 Years Programming Languages C# Yes 1 Advanced Currently Using 2 - 4 Years
Associated topics: business analyst, business systems analyst, client, consult, consultant, crm, information technology consultant, marketing, sales, support analyst