Location: Sylmar, CA
Duration: 12-13 months
- Fully understand the requirements of Class A certification, maintenance, and the perpetuation thereof. Fully understand Manufacturing, Marketing and Supply Chain operations. Develop strong relationships with key managers in all sites within Region, and with external consultants. Fully understand all elements of the Supply Chain initiative. Influence/motivate senior management at sites to aspire to highest standards of Class A performance. Support/motivate the local Program Managers to manage the total scope of the required changes necessary to bring their sites up to Class A standards. Support/motivate the local Program Managers to manage the budget and timetable for the implementation of Class A achievement in conjunction with Chicago MM operations and the Class A consultant. Establish Regional benchmarking teams from all locations to share best practice and ensure consistency. Provide regular communications of project status to AI Division staff. Provide training and implementation planning support to all AI Manufacturing, Affiliate and Logistics Class A program participants. Plan use of external consultants to optimize costs and benefits.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree: Administration, Sciences, Engineering, Humanities.
Other: Project Management track record, Supervisory Experience.
The Program Manager manages programs of small to medium scope, or a significant subsection of a large program. Sr. Managers manage larger programs. Leads cross-functional teams to develop and execute strategies for new product development and successful commercialization. Manages matrixed resources to ensure programs meet their agreed upon milestones and deliverables. Represents the program to the organization, reports core team progress, program recommendations, risks, and resolutions of issues to senior leadership.
- Lead core teams towards program objectives
- Communicates with all levels of the organization, from operators on the floor to the President in order to represent the objectives, risks, and needs for the program.
- Lead activities across numerous functions to meet the objectives of a given program including scope, budget, and schedule.
- Establish and maintain the program and product Design History File.
- In partnership with the Program Director and fellow core team members,
- Develop comprehensive program plans, which identify objectives, strategy, risks/risk mitigation, budget, effort estimates and schedule for new product development.
- Identifies opportunities for improving overall business performance of the program.
- Develops plans with core members to eliminate and/or mitigate risk. If risks cannot be mitigated within the core team, determines appropriate means to communicate and elevate issues to appropriate individuals within the organization.
- In partnership with the Director, identifies opportunities for improving overall performance of the program.
- Work closely with functional core team leaders and mentor when necessary.
- Maintains a safe and professional work environment.
- Complies with worldwide medical device regulations including U.S. FDA, company policies and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Science or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum 8 years progressively responsible experience in engineering or related technical discipline.
- Minimum 5 years leading projects in a medical device, biomedical or high technology industry.
- MBA preferred
- Ability to work in a matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to set goals and provide constructive feedback respectfully to build positive relationships and improve business results.
- Ability to work effectively within a team in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Multi-tasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
- Strong organizational, planning, and follow-up skills and ability to hold others accountable.
As an equal opportunity employer, ICONMA prides itself on creating an employment environment that supports and encourages the abilities of all persons regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, or disability.
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task