Advanced Systems Design is seeking a SQL Server DBA for our client located in Montgomery, AL. This individual will provide SQL Server DBA support for a New Board Operations Application.
- Development as assigned by the Pardons and Paroles IT Director. Work with both Pardons and Paroles IT Project Team to develop C# web screens as designated by application requirements.
- The resource is expected to work within a team structure, and to independently translate business requirements to technical specifications and develop web applications and reports from those specifications.
- Contractor will be expected to achieve a high level understanding of the Pardons and Paroles work flow process.
- Elicit customer needs and requirements to support the development of an agency case management application.
- Create stored procedures, queries and data feeds from tables using SQL.
- Create ASMX SOAP Web Service protocol to access stored procedures and provide information to C# developer for data access.
- Apply analytical and problem solving skills for the purpose of resolving coding issues with attention to detail. Provide the following deliverables per direction of and assignment by the Agency IT Director: a) SQL Queries and Web Services for Case Management Application. b) Successfully complete designated application web pages. c) Testing and deployment of completed application and reporting development.
- Experience performing analysis for the purpose of gather user requirements that will be translated into technical designs, report development, and understanding of data structures.
- Develop queries using SQL and other methods that support report development, generating files for outgoing interfaces, and other needs
- ASMX SOAP Web Services experience
- Ability to develop web applications by using C#, TFS, CSS, IIS, Java Script, Jquery/Bootstrap, .Net 4.5 and higher and Web services (creation, publishing, using).
- Ability to use Visual Studio Development Tools
- Ability to document coding to plainly identify provided code for future IT staff.
- Proficiency with MS Office (including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access) and Visual Studio development tools.
- Ability to work with subject matter experts to understand application requirements.
- Data modeling and database design
- Database schema creation and management
- Backup and recovery
- Ensuring data integrity
- Data security
- Web-specific technology expertise
- Storage management techniques
- General systems management and networking skills
- SQL code reviews and walk-thrus.
- Performance management and tuning - Ensuring availability
- Needs to be able to work independently with minimal direction from State or other team members.
- 3-7 years of General experience performing analysis for the purpose of gather user requirements that will be translated into technical designs, report development, and understanding of data structures
- BS Degree from an accredited institution
Advanced Systems Design, Inc. is:
- A leading Information Technology provider for Federal, State & Local government agencies.
- A certified minority-owned small business government contractor with capabilities related to Public Health IT, Criminal Justice, Transportation and Defense.
- A certified service-disabled veteran-owned company with a proud 37+ year track record of providing successful innovative solutions for our government customers.
- A drug-free workplace in accordance with the Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988. Applicants who have a signed offer of employment or contractor agreement are subject to:
- the pre-employment testing protocol:
- background investigation
- drug screening
- pre-employment consequences portion of the ASD Drug-Free Workplace Policy
- Are actively working on next-generation technology projects with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, and a wide array of Federal, State and Local agencies throughout the United States
- Are eligible for wide-ranging benefits and perks, including but not limited to:
- Comprehensive Health Insurance with PPO and HDHP/HSA options
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short/Long-Term Disability
- Group Life Insurance - Company Paid
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off (Vacation/Sick)
- Holiday Pay - Company Paid Federal Holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Professional Certification Incentive Plan
- Employee Referral Plan
- Technology Exposure
For additional information regarding Advanced Systems Design, please check out our website at: www.asd-web.com
Powered by JazzHR
Associated topics: data administrator, data architect, data integration, data manager, data management, data scientist, data warehouse, mongo database, sql, teradata