Initial Posting Date:
11/04/2020 Application Deadline:
Employment Department Salary Range:
$6,068 - $9,183 Position Type:
Employee Position Title:
Systems Architect (Information Systems Specialist 8) Job Description:
Are youan experienced IT professional with experience designing and integrating network architecture? Do you have a keen eye for detail? If you said yes, we want you as our next Systems Architect! Apply today!We currently have two openings in Salem!
One position will support the Modernization Program and the other supports the Paid Family and Medical Leave Insurance Program. Both positions will report to the Information Technology Systems Manager.
Every employee at the Employment Department is passionate about serving Oregonians and Oregon businesses. If you feel inspired and motivated by our mission, vision, and values, we invite you to join us in exceeding our customers expectations!
What you will be doing!
- Our mission: to support business and promote employment. We do this by providing stability for Oregonians and communities during times of unemployment, by helping businesses find great workers and job seekers find employment, and by providing workforce and economic information to promote informed decision making.
- Our vision: an Oregon where meaningful work enables the states diverse people and businesses to realize their full potential, creating prosperity in every community.
- Our values: Integrity - We are trusted to keep our word, always acting with honesty and courage. Respect - We value diverse perspectives, assume good intent, and act with compassion. Community - We foster a sense of belonging for our employees, partners, and customers, creating positive impacts where we live and work.
In these roles you will provide strategic technical leadership for the Agency, including the Modernization Program and the Paid Family and Medical Leave Insurance Program and other related projects. These positions will be responsible to lead technical planning and decision-making processes and serve as the liaison with the agencys IT section and solution vendors. The Systems Architect will ensure technical decisions and direction are in alignment with the agencys architectural strategy and achieve the agencys long term technology goals.
These positions oversee the identification, analysis, and design of highly complex new and existing systems by analyzing data, conferring with subject matter experts to define requirements and objectives, and evaluating the feasibility of proposed new solutions. You will appraise the cost and practicability of enhancements to existing systems and proposed new systems, and recommends solutions. This position is responsible for making technical decisions in systems architecture, including development and maintenance processes.
The Systems Architect will also coordinate with the Modernization Program, the Paid Family and Medical Leave Insurance Program, and the agencys IT section to ensure that all systems being maintained, enhanced, or redeveloped are integrated and that project tasks are identified and tracked. This includes conducting application architecture design sessions and facilitating code reviews.For a complete list of duties and responsibilities, please click here . Whats in it for you!
What we are looking for!
- A workplace that balances productivity with enjoyment, and encourages learning and mentoring.
- Rewarding work in a fast-paced, creative environment with colleagues who are passionate about public service.
- A workplace that fosters fairness, equity, and inclusion to maintain a workplace environment where everyone is treated with respect and dignity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, veteran status, disability, or status as a victim of domestic violence, harassment, sexual assault, or stalking. This policy applies to every aspect of our employment practices, including recruitment, hiring, retention, promotion, and training.
- Work/life balance, 10 paid holidays a year, and a competitive benefits package
- Strategy & Planning: Experience performing planning on complex systems in enterprise systems
- Deployment: Experience with deployment of multiple complex systems
- Operational Management: Experience in operational management/design of a complex system
- Technical Awareness: Demonstrated proficiency in COTS, Networking, Security, Servers, and SQL
- Teambuilding / Teamwork: Actively involved in teambuilding for multiple teams
- Commitment to valuing diversity and promoting inclusion
- Required Minimum Qualifications: Seven (7) years of information systems experience; OR An Associate's degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, OR completion of a two (2) year accredited vocational training program in information technology or related field AND five (5) years of information systems experience; OR A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field AND three (3) years of information systems experience; OR Master's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field AND one (1) year of information systems experience
In addition to your related work experience and education, we will use the attributes and minimum qualifications above under the What we are looking for!
section to determine whom to interview. Please make sure the attributes and minimum qualifications you have are clearly demonstrated in your application materials. Your application materials may be evaluated on spelling, grammar, punctuation, and presentation.How to Apply
- External Applicants: Click on the Apply link above to fill out the online application and submit by the posted closing date. Please use the name you want us to address you by. You can upload your resume and the system will parse your information into the application.
- Current State of Oregon employees (including temporary employees) must apply through your employee Workday account.
- Important: Please monitor both your email and Workday account for updates regarding this recruitment. You may be asked to submit additional information after initial application.
- SHL Assessment: In addition to your related work experience and education, candidates who meet minimum qualifications will be required to complete an online assessment to determine whom to interview. You will be assessed on the following core competencies:
- Professional Potential & Achievement: To have a tendency to set and accomplish challenging goals while persisting in the face of significant obstacles.
- Willingness to Learn/ Learns quickly: The tendency to learn from experience and being open to new experiences, seeking both positive and negative feedback, considering alternate courses of action, finding patterns and order in complex information, and pick up new information and techniques easily
- Responsibility ability to commit to performing assigned tasks and to take responsibility for your actions
- Deductive Reasoning ability to draw logical conclusions and complete scenarios using incomplete information
- Analyzes Information/Generates new ideas: Ability to identify key factors and integrate information to understand data or situations, and create innovative approaches.
- Uses time efficiently ability to manage your own time and deliver work on schedule
- Works to high quality standards willingness to complete every task with a high degree of quality
- Adapts to change/Copes with uncertainty ability to accept and adapt to changes without difficulty when roles and situations are not clearly defined
These positions are represented by the Service Employees International Union (SEIU). This recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies as they occur.Veterans Preference:
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must complete the required Task that will be sent to your Workday account after successfully submitting your application. This Task will prompt you to provide the appropriate documentation. Please visit: Veterans Resources
for additional information on required documentation.Equity and Inclusion:
We foster fairness, equity, and inclusion to maintain a workplace environment where everyone is treated with respect and dignity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, veteran status, disability, or status as a victim of domestic violence, harassment, sexual assault, or stalking. This policy applies to every aspect of our employment practices, including recruitment, hiring, retention, promotion, and training.Criminal Records Check:
The Employment Department is committed to being a leader in providing its employees with fair and equal employment opportunities and recognizes that as a best practice in equity and inclusion, criminal background check policies shall be job related and consistent with business necessity.The agency will only consider information from the past four years (starting from the date of the arrest) for nonviolent offenses and the past seven years for violent offenses when conducting its own criminal records checks pursuant to Oregon Administrative Rules (OAR) 125-###-#### through 125-###-####. For positions with authorized access to FBI Criminal Justice Information Systems (CJIS) information, a separate criminal records check is conducted by the Oregon State Police. If you would like further information on how each criminal records check is conducted, please read our Criminal Records Check Policy
or contact us at the number below with any questions.Contact Information and Helpful Links:
- If you have questions about the job announcement or need an alternate format to apply, please contact us at 503-###-####; ...@oregon.gov . Please be sure to include the job announcement number.
- Understanding the State Application Process:
- Reasonable Accommodations:
- Resources for Job Seekers:
Associated topics: cloud architect, equipment, information architect, infrastructure, ip, principal systems engineer, senior engineer, senior system engineer, system integrator, systems integration architect