Based in Northern Virginia, Aveshka is seeking a DevOps engineer to develop and maintain automated systems used for development, testing, and deployment of various software components within an SDLC while adhering to current DevOps principals and methodologies, and providing support for a fast-paced software development team. This position will be located within the National Capital Region (NCR).
- The ideal candidate will have implemented solutions that support business functionality as well as the underlying infrastructure required to run and deploy those solutions. The candidate must have working knowledge and experience in the CI/CD realm.
- The DevOps Engineer must have excellent written and oral communication skills and be adaptive to the changing needs of the department and the organization. The DevOps Engineer must have experience with building and maintaining highly effective relationships with team members and multiple stakeholders across multiple projects.
- 3 to 10 years of experience and a B.S. degree. Bachelor of Science (BS) can be substituted with an additional 4 years of related experience
- 2 years of experience working with containers and container environments such as Docker or Kubernetes
- Experience with revision code source code repositories in particular GIT and SVN
- Strong and evolving competence in several programming languages and technologies, working knowledge of multiple tools sets, technologies, and implementation environments
- Understanding of typical three tier enterprise application architectures
- Practical Linux based systems administration skills and scripting experience in a Cloud based environment
- Working knowledge of IP networking, VPNs, DNS, load balancing and firewalling
- Management of continuous integration servers like Jenkins and Bamboo
- Experience as a DevOps engineer in a scalable production environment
- Ability to self-manage assigned tasks and projects
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Strong interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication
- US citizenship
Ability to obtain DHS public trust
- Experience with the Atlassian Suite, Sonar, Nexus, and Electric Commander
- Experience with Distributed Service Standards (SOAP, REST, EJB)
- Experience with automated testing tools (i.e. selenium, JMeter)
- Experience with Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible in production environments
- Experience building infrastructure as code using AWS CloudFormation, Terraform, or similar scripting techniques
Aveshka is a professional services firm focused on addressing our nation s most complex threats and challenges. As a small business we re committed to supporting our clients missions with services delivered by our diverse and experienced staff. With expertise in cybersecurity, emergency preparedness, and public health, our experience base spans federal, state, and local governments, as well as private sector entities.
Aveshka encourages collaborative communication and ongoing learning. Some of our benefits include:
- Extensive training programs
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Education reimbursement
- Technology benefits
- Commuter benefits
- Generous paid time off and much more!
Aveshka is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Associated topics: .net, application, c c++, c#, developer, devops, matlab, php, sde, software developer