The Technical Support Analyst manages daily influx of technical support related incidents in accordance with service level agreements (SLA). They will provide Vecima customers and field personnel with tier 1 technical support and failure analysis for IP and Enterprise Storage system deployments worldwide, with a focus on South America, Latin America, and other Spanish speaking regions. Working with internal QA, Development, Documentation and Account organizations the successful incumbent will identify software/hardware/documentation bugs and deficiencies and drive these issues to resolution within given SLA constraints. They will be responsible for performing information gathering, troubleshooting, software configuration, and maintenance on Linux server platform based custom software platforms. Finally, they will escalate critical or complex problems to senior technical personnel in a timely fashion and with the correct information. This position will perform on-call and maintenance window responsibilities as required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage verbal and written communication with regards to customer related support incidents submitted via phone or customer portal with a focus on South America, Latin America, and other Spanish speaking regions.
- Make initial contact with the customer and establish remote connectivity to deployments worldwide to perform technical troubleshooting of video delivery systems.
- Engage senior technical personnel or team leader when critical problems arise, and development resources are needed.
- Effectively use established monitoring tools to proactively submit support and/or maintenance related incidents on the customer's behalf.
- End-to-end ownership of support issues, including working with internal Development, Documentation, and Account organizations to identify software/hardware/documentation bugs and drive these issues to resolution within given SLA constraints.
- Contribute to Technical Support productivity standards that ensure the delivery of world-class service to our customers.
- Provide support to the Field Services team for product upgrades, configurations, patch installations, and after hours work as needed.
- Document problem resolution clearly, effectively, and in a timely fashion in accordance with customer SLAs. Perform ticket audits on incidents resolved by other team members to ensure the same.
- Create and modify shell script tools to facilitate system troubleshooting related to customer systems, specifically on Linux platforms.
- Identify problems not encountered before and collection information for potential escalation.
- Participate in both instructor lead and independent training opportunities to stay abreast of new product portfolios. Provide technical evaluation and input when new products are released.
- Perform such other duties as assigned to include but not limited to eventual inclusion in after-hours on call and maintenance window support rotation.
- Proficient with intermediate level Linux operating system administration and support.
- Minimum two years' experience and working knowledge of enterprise-level computer hardware and software troubleshooting skills.
- Experience in CDN video delivery architecture and streaming media technologies is a plus.
- Experience working with open source network management systems such as Nagios and Cacti a plus.
- Experience working with Linux based distributed storage platforms such as ceph is a plus Cloud and Jira a Plus.
- Proficient with Linux operating system administration and support, including shell scripting, hardware troubleshooting, and general network troubleshooting.
- Experience working with incident management software applications such as Salesforce Service.
- Detail oriented and able to manage multiple tasks efficiently.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient/fluent in Spanish language. Other languages an asset, especially Portuguese.
- Proficient working knowledge of basic computer networking fundamentals and protocols.
- Willingness to adapt to change in the work environments and hours a must.
- Most importantly must display initiative in everything you do.
- Ability to work after hours on call rotational and maintenance windows.
Vecima (TSX: VCM)is a global leader focused on developing integrated hardware and scalable software solutions for broadband access, content delivery and telematics. We enable the world's leading innovators to advance, connect, entertain, and analyze. We build technologies that transform content delivery and storage, enable high-capacity broadband network access, and streamline data analytics. We are fueled by the innovation, leadership and passion of today's top talent.
Join Vecima and work in an environment that values teamwork and communication, rewards innovation and achievement, and fosters growth and opportunity in your career.
Vecima has a competitive compensation and benefits package and strives to provide a challenging work environment that can foster skill development and personal career growth for all employees.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
If you are looking for a challenging career move as a Technical Support Analyst, we want to hear from you!
Associated topics: customer support, desk, edi, excel, information technology help desk, support, system support, technical support, technical support specialist, troubleshoot