Our mission at Talkspace is to make therapy affordable and accessible to everyone. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Help over one million people feel better.
Were looking for a Senior Full-Stack engineer to push forward the experience, interaction and visual language of our products across the web. Youll work closely with the creative director, product managers and engineering team to create user-centric, engaging and useful UX experience.
As part of our engineering team, you will be expected to challenge the status quo and bring new features and interaction ideas to the table. Our brand has room for growth and innovation, and we are looking for a candidate who is driven and motivated by their passion for solving complex user experience problems through visual- and interaction design. Were a nimble team, all open to working outside our comfort zones to realize ideas and we expect you to embrace the same attitude.
About this role
* Build new features and enhancements
* Participate or lead the technical design of new features
* Sheppard your contributions through peer review, testing, deployment, and finally monitoring in production
* Both learn from and teach your fellow engineers by providing constructive feedback
* Collaborate with small teams of talented engineers, product managers, and designers to build the best platform for psychotherapy
You will have
* Led significant changes to complex systems
* Extensive experience with full-stack development, distributed systems, and relational databases
* Bachelors or Master's degree in Computer Science
* Experience working with designers to transform Sketch and/or Photoshop files into beautiful, fast customer-facing web pages that make a users day better (Note: We mainly work with Sketch)
* Passionate about quality, performance, reliability, and security and a desire to sweat the small stuff
* Strong communication skills, a positive attitude, and empathy
* Self-awareness and a desire to continually improve
* Willing to complete a 15-20 hour take-home assignment
* Experience building and running cloud architectures
* Experience with WebSockets
* Experience with PHP
* Links to online profiles you use (GitHub, Linkedin, etc)
Because we are on a mission to make the world a better place. Our focus to help people feel happy starts at Talkspace, where we connect, collaborate, and have fun. Fun company-wide events, happy hours, wellness perks, flex PTO, access to Talkspace products, and competitive benefits are just some of the ways we make Talkspace a great place to work. Do you want to save the world? Come join us!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Talkspace welcomes and celebrates talent from all backgrounds, perspectives, and walks of life to foster an innovative and diverse workforce. We strongly encourage you to apply even if you dont meet every qualification. Come as you are and learn about the exciting opportunities on our team.
Individuals seeking employment at Talkspace are considered without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task