Job Title: Systems Engineer
Location: Arlington, Virginia (Ballston area)
Telework: 2-3 days a week (currently 100%)
This position provides engineering support which includes analysis of requirements and design specifications, oversight of ongoing Federal Cybersecurity engineering activities and recommendations to fix the problems with various solutions. The individual is a member of a portfolio team consisting of a Government Lead Portfolio Manager, Engineer, Acquisition lead and Test POC, who specifically support designated Federal Agencies overseeing their deployment and integration of cybersecurity capabilities. The contractor shall support each portfolio team by providing additional IA and cyber engineer subject matter expertise. This position requires meeting participation and assistance to the lead engineer in documenting the technical discussion, follow-up on engineering activities, and tracking statuses.
Other engineering activities include:
- Review technical deliverables from ongoing cybersecurity implementations
- Support the portfolio team in the development, drafting, review and/or QA of technical aspects for current and future cybersecurity requests. Participate in the review of Technical Deliverables, responses, and ROMs; perform technical analysis and recommendations to the Government. The contractor shall assist the Government in overseeing the technical planning and implementation of RFSs, tracking and reporting progress and issues.
- Participate and perform technical and capability analyses required for approved cybersecurity projects to include, but not limited to data quality tiger teams, storage solution Dashboard reviews, Logical Data Model reviews, Big Data Storage Solutions and other focus groups, etc.
- Support design specifications for project specific requirements and assist with the planning and execution for the implementations into detailed Phases in-line-with program objectives.
- Assist with the development of specific implementation designs and enhancements for Federal partner organizations based on program objectives and feedback.
- Assist with review of test plans, test execution and test results evaluation.
- Provide relevant technical input to the Life Cycle Cost Estimate (LCCE) through cross product team engagements.
- Assist in the review and validation of the following programmatic artifacts to include, but not limited to the following:
- SELC Planning Artifacts (CONOPS, etc.)
- Functional Requirements and Capabilities Documentation
Task Order Deliverables
- Integrated Master Schedules (IMSs)
- Implementation and Back-out Plans
- Solution Implementation Architecture (SIA)
- System Design Documentation
- Plan for Transition to Agency Production Operations
- Requirements Traceability Matrices (RTMs)
- Bachelors in Engineering, Computer Science, IT or similar discipline
- Can Substitute eight (8) years of Acquisition Program engineering support for a degree in discipline other than above
- Minimum 8 years experience applying Systems Engineering principles to IT programs or large acquisition programs, conducting IA assessments or reviews of large programs, or Cybersecurity support to DoD or Federal operational entities.
- Extensive experience applying Systems Engineering Lifecyle to large programs. - Familiarity with Program level test and evaluation activities.
- Formal training in project management practices preferred
Associated topics: equipment, infrastructure, maintain, network, satcom, satellite, system engineer, system specialist, system technician, technician