- Provide help desk and hardware/software computer support as needed by the Cooperative staff and library members
- Maintain and train on use of content management for websites.
- Remote and on-site LAN/computer support to public library members of the Cooperative.
- Travel in Upper Peninsula and northern Lower Michigan.
- Provide end user help desk support to cooperative and library staff using email, phone, remote desktop connections, and on-site visits.
- Provide technical support for cooperative and member library staff on all supported hardware (Computers, printers, wireless routers, switches, firewalls, cable modem routers, etc.) and software (Microsoft Office, Deep Freeze, PC time and print management software, antivirus, etc.) under the direction of the Cooperative Director.
- Set up and configure computer systems. Install operating systems (through initial install, restore, imaging, etc.) and software
- IT support for on-site staff at Superiorland Library Coop and the Great Lakes Talking Books Library
- Work with a team to plan, make decisions, resolve problems, implement projects and train Cooperative librarians who are learning and using new technologies.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Director or Network Admin
- Associates Degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science or related field or 2 years equivalent work experience.
- Additional education, certification, or continuing education preferred
- Experience and knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems
- Ability to work effectively on a team.
- Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, organized, and able to follow directions.
- Excellent problem solving skills and communication skills.
- People skills (friendly and considerate of all library staff).
- Travel to library members in Upper Peninsula and northern Lower Michigan. Valid Michigan drivers license and transportation for travel.
Other physical requirements: manual dexterity visual acuity, and keyboard skills to operate computer, fax and copier.
Ability to lift/carry up to 30 pounds. Ability to hear and answer library staff questions through email, online, or phone with accommodation.
Applications received by 11/13/2020 will be given first consideration.
The Cooperative develops and sustains innovative programs that are cost-effective because libraries collaborate in shared, economy-of-scale activities. Cooperation among members makes it possible to grow and sustain library programs that improve the quality of library service in every community.
Associated topics: equipment, infrastructure, ip, maintain, network, satcom, server, system engineer, system specialist, system technician