Auto req ID: 256322BR
Position Type: Full Time
Employee Type: Nonexempt
Provides clerical and administrative support to the human resources (HR) department.
- Provides support for the recruiting process (e.g., scheduling interviews, sending background checks, and contacting selected candidates).
- Provides customer service and support for both internal and external customers for HR-related processes.
- Assists with maintenance of job files; ensures proper dispositioning of all applicants
- Conducts the new hire orientation process (e.g., scheduling the orientation, preparing orientation paperwork, and creating the employee file), including I9 completion/compliance
- Maintains personnel files for all employees
- Provides support on auditing, reviewing, and processing the human resources paperwork and forms
- Provides support with the package handler sort observation process (e.g., scheduling tour times, arranging tour guides, and maintaining the sort observation log)
- Generates, compiles, and distributes HR reports
- Participate in special projects, to include job fairs and HR Assessments, etc.
- Provides support to HR Department as needed
- Must maintain confidentiality and perform all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures
In addition to the above essential functions, the following functional area assignments have additional essential functions as noted below:
Additional Operations essential functions:
- Provides clerical support to various management and operational functions, including, but not limited to, photocopying, filing, faxing, emailing and answering telephone
- Reviews, researches and/or enters data in various systems to support respective functional area
- Compiles data and provides various regular and adhoc reports to management for review and determination
- Serves as frontline customer service to receive, solve and/or escalate customer inquiries and issues
- Assists management with Business Control Self-Assessment (BCSA) audit activity by retrieving data and/or files for review
Additional Quality Assurance/Loss Prevention essential functions:
- Supports ability for timely delivery and mitigates loss and damage by performing address searches/corrections through various sources and ensuring packages are in good condition for the customer
- Prioritizes workflow to maximize the number of packages that can be resolved and sent out for delivery in the same day
- Ensures all packages receive appropriate scan statuses. Inspects and handles hazardous material damages as per policy. Ensures all loose product is accounted for as per company policy
- Researches missing packages to understand the root cause of scanning failures and compiles information on disputed deliveries for management review
- Reviews and trends loss and damaged claims filed to identify improperly charged claims and brings to the attention of management
Additional Linehaul essential functions:
- Reviews and enters all Independent Contractor (IC) settlement information into appropriate system to ensure proper payments. Enters settlement adjustments as directed by manager
- Compiles required documentation to establish and maintain Department of Transportation (DOT)-required files. Verifies timely log entry into system
- Enters all individual vehicle mileage record information into the system and works with ICs and Linehaul staff to rectify any issues
- Tracks a variety of metrics, including the IC charge back program, complaints and maintenance compliance and prepares weekly reports for management review
- Serves as initial contact to receive IC inquiries or issues relating to settlement, uniforms, decals, etc., to route to management for appropriate resolution
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Three (3) years of experience required in HR clerical support or related area.
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
- Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications.
- General business skills such as typing; data entry and review; and use of phone, copier, and fax.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions to complete routine procedures and/or operate standard equipment.
- Knowledge or policies and procedures relating to HR administration.
- Customer service skills necessary to effectively and professionally respond to requests.
- Verbal and written communication skills necessary to explain complex and/or confidential information.
- Time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills necessary to work in a fast-paced environment, handling various tasks and changing priorities, while maintaining a high attention to detail and accuracy to achieve daily assignments and goals.
- Ability to analyze, review, and make recommendations.
- Ability to mentor, coach, and act as a knowledge resource to other employees.
% of Travel for the Position: 0%-25%
Address: 12501 NE 40th Street
City: Kansas City
Zip Code: 64161
Domicile Location: P644
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforce
Search Engine Description: Administrative