Senior Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer Northern, VA
Senior Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer
If you are a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer with 5-10 years of experience, we would like to talk to you! We have multiple positions at various skill levels currently open supporting mission critical DoD work.
- Serve as a lead QA engineer with experience on a Scrum team
- Work within Agile project teams, continuously releasing application software.
- Design test plans, scenarios, scripts, or procedures.
- Conduct systems integration, regression and production system validation and verification testing.
- Document software defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers.
- Identify, analyze, and document problems with program function, output, online screen, or content.
- Maintain effective daily communication with team members via stand-up meetings, documentation, and status reports.
- Work independently to document and update test plans and produce test summary reports for each software release and provide testing results to team leads.
- Collaborate with Scrum team to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
- Responsible for ensuring the timely and high-quality release of software products to our clients.
- Develop and integrate test automation utilities.
- Support continuous integration processes.
- Mentor less experienced QA team members.
- Secret level US security clearance
- 5+ years QA engineering experience
- Familiar with Agile development methods
- Strong communication skills
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering (or other relevant degree and/or equivalent experience)
- Able to work independently and self-identify tasks
- Ability to research and evaluate new concepts and processes to improve performance
- ISTQB, ASTQB, IQBBA or AT*SQA certifications
- Familiarity with test automation platforms like Rational Functional Tester, Selenium and CodedUI
- Experience installing and executing automated software
- Experience with Jira and Zephyr
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect
- DOD8570 IAT Level 1 or 2 certified (A+, Security+, etc. certification)
- Familiarity with DevOps and tools like Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, and other DevOps platforms supporting Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
About NuWave Solutions
NuWave Solutions is a recognized leader in providing anticipatory intelligence and advanced data analytics to the defense, intelligence, and private sectors for over 20 years. Leveraging artificial intelligence and machine learning methodologies, NuWave Solutions streamlines the Data-to-Decision lifecycle faster than traditional practices allowing clients to take action with confidence.
For more information on how NuWave Solutions supports its clients and builds upon success, please visit
Locations of Positions: McLean, VA and Crystal City, VA
Travel Required (CONUS/OCONUS): CONUS
If Travel is required, how much? 5%
Work Schedule: Day Shift
Authorization to work in US is required
8570 Requirements: N/A
NuWave Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Tagged as: Senior Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer
Associated topics: automation, performance test, process, prevention, qa, quality, quality assurance, quality assurance lead, software quality, test engineer