We'll set you up for a successful career through an 18-24 month rotation program with the goal of putting you in the driver's seat on vital projects that have strategic importance to our mission of helping people lead healthier lives. Yes, we share a mission that inspires. We need your analytical and organizational talents and business discipline to help fuel ours. It's the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Position develops skills to source, analyze, negotiate, contract and purchase goods and services for the UHG enterprise. Current spend under management is $8 billion. Acts as a liaison between UHG businesses and suppliers to satisfy needs and maximize value of the purchase.
In the Rotational Program, you will develop skills during rotations to provide exceptional consultation to all UHG businesses for all Supply Chain activities including, but not limited to, sourcing, contract negotiation, benchmarking, standardization, market analysis, and industry best practices.
Rotational Program (Example)
- Rotation 1: Operations (4 months)
- Rotation 2: Vendor Management (4 months)
- Rotation 3: Category Execution (8 Months, smaller less complex transactions)
- Rotation 4: Category Strategy (8 Months, large complex sourcing activity and strategic plans)
- Placement on Sourcing & Procurement Team
- Assess and interpret customer needs and requirements
- Facilitate and drive cost reduction and value maximization opportunities for UHG businesses by assessing market opportunities, vendor consolidation, value analysis, negotiation, pricing cost reduction strategies and contract term optimization
- Learn operations associated with sourcing and purchasing process including proprietary ordering system, fundamentals of the purchase to pay process and supplier performance review. Complete market analysis
- Learn how to assess and remedy supplier risk, specifically including data risk
- Deliver and validate savings while maintaining and improving the quality of services
- As opportunities are worked, recommend solutions based upon data analysis to increase business efficiency and/or improve business processes
- Support implementation of national contracts and product conversions within UHG businesses
- Perform other duties as assigned by members of management
- Mentorship guidance from Enterprise Sourcing & Procurement Leaders
Open to new college graduates interested in this field
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree within the last 24 months or currently pursuing a bachelor's degree in business, purchasing, operations, supply chain or another applicable field of study coursework to obtain degree must be completed prior to start of employment. Degree must be awarded and verified within 6-8 weeks following the commencement date at your school
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Intermediate level experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. F-1 visa holders with Curricular Practical Training (CPT) or Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require visa sponsorship, TN visa holders, current H-1B visa holders, and/or those requiring green card sponsorship will not be considered
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting, however, may be required to work from home temporarily due to space limitations
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Previous Internship Experience
- Experience in areas related to data analysis, purchasing, contracts, accounting, budgeting, or healthcare
- Experience interacting and fostering open dialogue with colleagues, internal departments, and supply base in a professional setting
- Business or analysis experience
- Supply chain training and experience
- Experience identifying barriers to success and business trends
- Experience managing multiple priorities, workload prioritization
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 7 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Sourcing and Procurement Analyst, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task