About Clearwater Analytics
Clearwater Analytics is a global SaaS solution for automated investment data aggregation, reconciliation, accounting, and reporting. Clearwater helps thousands of organizations make the most of investment portfolio data with cloud-native software and client-centric servicing. Every day, investment professionals worldwide trust Clearwater to deliver timely, validated investment data and in-depth reporting. Clearwater aggregates, reconciles, and reports on more than $3.5 trillion in assets across many Fortune 500 clients.What you'll be doing
The Senior Software Development Engineer will be a member of the Big Data Platform team at Clearwater Analytics. They will participate in the design and development of products that will drive the transformation of Clearwater's business through our next generation scalable big data platform.
More specifically, you will:
- Design and implement REST APIs.
- Design and implement highly scalable data-intensive processing systems.
- Design and implement highly scalable microservice based systems.
- Participate actively in the design and code review process across the team.
- Write high quality code with great software craftsmanship.
- Build high scalable data catalog and indexing systems.
- Design and implement NoSQL database objects such as tables/indices.
- Ensure CICD compliance for codebases.
- Participate in design discussions with product and engineering.
Basic Qualifications -
- BS in a software related or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 4+ years professional experience in object oriented or functional programming languages (Java/Scala/Python).
- Ability to build highly scalable backend services (Microservices, polyglot storage, messaging systems, data processing pipelines).
- Possess strong analytical skills, with excellent problem-solving abilities in the face of ambiguity.
Preferred Qualifications -
- Excellent written and verbal skills. Ability to contribute to software design documentation, presentation, sequence diagrams and present complex technical designs in a concise manner.
- Experience working with Cloud Platforms (AWS/Azure/GCP).
- Professional experience in building distributed software systems, specializing in big data and NoSQL database technologies (Hadoop, Spark, DynamoDB, HBase, Hive, Cassandra, Vertica).
- Experience working with indexing systems such as elastic search, SOLR/Lucene.
- Ability to work with relational and NoSQL databases.
- Experience working with messaging systems such as Kafka/SQS/SNS.
Associated topics: application architect, backend, design, design pattern, expert, lead, maven, perl, project architect, senior software engineer