L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Description: Job Title: Industrial Security Senior Associate Job Code: SAS20201###-####5 Job Location: Palm Bay, FL Job Description:
The L3Harris Security Department is seeking an industrial security professional to join our Palm Bay security team as a Contractor Program Security Officer (CPSO). This is a fast paced, high volume position supporting multiple programs and customers as part of a team of CPSOs. Candidate will focus on collateral and Special Access Programs.Essential Functions:
- Provides security administration of classified programs, studies, and pursuits in the Mission Avionics Sector
- Advise Program Management and staff in the interpretation of security policies and the development of plans and procedures to meet customer security requirements
- Prepare various security plans, accreditation requests, inspection results, and correspondence to direct, explain or interpret policies, practices, or procedures to a wide audience of potential recipients to meet Government security requirements
- Serves as primary interface with government program managers and security officers, internal/external customers, security support staff, Program Management, program personnel, as well as the lead elements in the various security disciplines on the Security Department staff
- Conducts security education and actively participates in Government security audits, to include self-inspections
- Provide prime/subcontractor security support and direction including the development and maintenance of DD form 254's and security guidance
- Investigate security incidents and complete administrative inquiries
- Support other security disciplines to include: Personnel Security, Physical Security, Information Assurance (IA), Communications Security (COMSEC), Document Control, and Visitor Control
Preferred Additional Skills:
- BS/BA degree with a minimum of 2 years security related experience or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree and a minimum of 6 years of prior related experience.
- Secret Clearance
- SAP level experience with an understanding of industry responsibilities
- Impeccable Ethics & Integrity with a willingness to ensure regulatory compliance while providing customer support.
- Six-Sigma methodology or equivalent training
- Sound and logical thinking in choosing a course of action
- Demonstrated experience working in teams and matrix environments
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks, and coordinate activities within deadlines
- Ability to interact with senior management on matters pertaining to security policy and procedures
- Ability to prepare DD Form 254 and related security documentation
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills
- Position requires good organizational skills, flexibility, sound judgment, and an even, professional temperament
- Top Secret clearance based on a current SSBI/SBPR and eligibility for SAP access
- Strong Microsoft Suite experience
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your r sum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your r sum , as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
Associated topics: alarm, canine detection, metal detection, protection, public safety officer, safety officer, secure, security, security officer, watchman