Job DescriptionBusiness Group Highlights Defense
The Defense group supports the Department of Defense (DoD) mission to keep our homeland and its citizens safe. We provide solutions to improve the Nation's defense by providing software, systems engineering, IT, training and logistics and fleet management solutions.Responsibilities
This position is for a large contract for the Army, providing leadership and support existing systems, processes, and policies as well as working to implement new technologies and processes in support of the client's mission to provide Intelligence training and technologies to military personnel.
Deliver projects that focus on cloud and on-premise data warehousing, business intelligence, reporting, data management and advanced analytics including products such as R or python. Conceptualize viable technical solutions that meets customer objectives and project requirements within the cost and schedule constraints. Technical SME for customer-facing project delivery for business intelligence, data management, and data analytics projects aimed at government. Develop and demonstrate the technical design of the data warehouse or reporting products. Provide thought leadership for innovative data solutions to address complex business problems. Work with and through both functional and technical project team members to deliver products in an agile manner. Work with team leaders, data engineers and data analysts in resolving complex technical and operational issues. Highly efficient developer of the complex ETL, SSIS packages and dashboardsQualifications
Up to 3 years experience and a BA/BS degree.
Responsible for assisting more senior positions and/or performing functional duties under the oversight of more senior positions.
Bachelor of Science Degree or higher computer science, statistics, or other related STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) Current TS/SCI Clearance Desired Experience:
Desired Skills / Attributes:
- Experience with designing, developing and managing enterprise-level databases using relational dabased such as SQL Server or MySQL
- Experience with Data Warehouse, Data Management Reporting including dashboard development.
- Experience with ETL tools like MSFT SSIS, Informatica, Pentaho
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools like Tableau or Power BI
- Strong understanding of data engineering, structure, formatting, conditioning and analysis.
- Knowledge of database tools and current data science processes.
- Full-stack development experience.
- Experience with improving performance on enterprise applications with large data
- Experience in Test Driven and Behavior Driven Development frameworks
- Thorough/Working knowledge of research designs.
- Thorough/Working knowledge of collection methods, capabilities and tasking process.
- Intellectual curiosity; creativity and innovation to go beyond current tools to deliver the best solution to complex problems.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector-from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to do just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provisionPay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c). - provided by Dice
Associated topics: data administrator, data analytic, data architect, data engineer, data quality, data scientist, data warehouse, database, erp, mongo database administrator