Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
General Purpose of the Role/Job Position Summary Description:
The Chief Architecture organization is a part of the Nokia Software Chief Technology Office (NSW CTO) team. Its primary responsibility is to set a common architecture direction for the products of the various product units in Nokia Software. The three priority areas that will be the organization's focus 2020 and 2021 are:
- Cloud Infrastructure - Our mandate is to architect and design the best of breed cloud data center infrastructure where all Nokia cloud-native or virtualized applications (go-forward and new) can be consistently and commonly deployed and operationalized.
- Automation - The goal is the simplification of how our customers deploy, use, and operate NSW products in the above cloud infrastructure. Near term, this is focused on automation of the deployment and upgrading of NSW products and solutions.
- Analytics & Machine Learning - formalize our strategic vision and direction for analytics and ML platforms across all products taking into account network, customer and subscriber intelligence for next gen operation and service offerings.
Key Responsibilities / Functions:
We are looking for a technology leader, and senior software architect for Cloud & Container management area. The focus is to architect and design the Nokia Cloud Infrastructure to be optimized for cloud-native applications. The architect will be responsible for ensuring that the next generation cloud & container management products from CTO office meets the needs of our cloud-native applications today and in the future. The candidate will need to work closely with different working groups & architects to define and publish blue print architectures, guidelines that will be followed across Nokia Software. Your main role will be:
- To define architectural guidelines, principles and reference architectures for all our go-forward or next generation products and solutions in Nokia Software to bring commonality, consistency, and reduce duplication and overlap across product portfolio. The implicit intention is to reduce overall cost of products and services-delivery and increase margin.
- To be able to monitor and track execution, and conformance to the stablished architectural guidelines via KPIs or Architectural check points in the software development & delivery process.
Required Minimum Qualifications: (Education, Technical Skills/Knowledge)
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required
- At least 10 years of data center, cloud or related software development experience.
- Extensive knowledge of Kubernetes container technologies and component ecosystems is required.
- As our Nokia Container Management & Cloud Platform must remain competitive with other competing solutions
- The candidate should have broad knowledge of similar industry efforts (i.e., Red Hat OpenShift, HP ODIM, and other CNCF compliant initiatives).
- The candidate should be able to architect this solution but is also "hands-on" and can work to stand up and prototype the new technologies that we are considering integrating into our infrastructure.
- Detailed knowledge of K8S, AKS, EKS, GKE, CNCF projects with hands-on experience to run and conduct studies, Proof of Concept, blue print architecture and guideline for our next generation applications at Nokia Software.
- Excellent Teamwork and communication skill sets to be able to communicate with internal development organizations, external customers and partners.
- Be able to set strategic technical direction, common architectural guideline, principles and reference architecture for all our go-forward or next generation products and solutions in Nokia Software.
- Be able to reduce Duplications and bring commonality and consistency across products and solutions we build in Nokia Software, make them simple and easy to understand, deploy, use and operate while maintaining common experience and customer value
- Lead X-Functional Group to oversee cloud and container management work across App Eng, Core Eng, Technology, NM and Services Teams.
Canada is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, we promote employment equity and encourage women, aboriginal persons, persons with a disability or members of a visible minority group to apply.
Nokia is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information or ancestry, protected Veteran or military status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Associated topics: .net, application architect, architect, backend, c#, design pattern, matlab, php, project architect, senior software engineer