VariQ has an exciting opportunity for a highly qualified UC Lead Systems Administrator to support the USCIS in Washington, DC.
- Salary: Dependent upon experience
- Security Clearance: ability to attain an active DHS EOD required
- Availability: upon award, currently in the proposal stage
- This position is the lead administrator for daily operations of Video Teleconferencing, Video Streaming, and Digital Signage.
- This position leads a team that is the primary operators, customer interface, and administrators involved in the daily aspects of converged delivery of UC services (voice, video and data) throughout the Enterprise, and are typically the first support persons to respond to operational issues.
- Leads a team that is expected to be the first line of defense in support of most UC systems, hence are required to be trained to provide initial troubleshooting and remediation for most UC systems.
- Have skillsets equivalent to Cisco CCNA collaboration certification, and a general minimum of 3 years experience working within IT UC services infrastructure.
- Training is frequent to ensure skills are sufficient to the task as potential changes occur to the UC environment, and are performed by the contractor.
- This job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities are subject to change at any time. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an at will relationship.
VariQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. We consider diversity and inclusiveness to be core to our culture, and central to our commitment to fostering an empowering and supportive workplace.
Associated topics: administrator, equipment, infrastructure, ip, network, network administrator, router, server, system center operations manager, tcp ip