The primary focus of the Software and Systems Quality Engineer (SSQE) is to ensure that firmware, software and drivers meet intended performance requirements, per internal and customer specification. Further, the SSQE will also be responsible for designing, implementing and administering software tools and databases for the Quality department, preparing and analyzing data and expanding to web-based applications where appropriate.Qualifications
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
- BS in Software Engineering or related Technical Degree
- 2+ years of experience in software/ firmware quality assurance/testing
- Ability to create and execute: test plans, cases, and scripts for firmware, drivers and software
- Experience with Visual Studio, VB.NET, C#, C++(embedded environment is a plus), Use of JIRA/Confluence, VMWare Pro / Setting up Virtual Machines, Bitbucket, Git
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle and processes for software testing / quality assurance guidelines
- Experience with defect tracking systems and typical defect escalation procedures
- Knowledge of database structure and design, and use of SQL, MS Access; familiarity with use of Oracle or ERP systems is a plus
- Knowledge and experience in implementing and administering web-based application databases.
- Commitment to deadlines and willingness to work to meet the deadlines
- Strong team player with ability to take charge, focus and prioritize with minimal supervision
- Excellent at reporting accurate and timely status of projects/releases/builds
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
Associated topics: performance test, process, prevent, prevention, qa, quality assurance engineer, software quality engineer, software quality assurance engineer, test engineer, tester