Job DescriptionBusiness Group Highlights Risk Decision
The Risk Decision group is a mission-critical provider of specialized investigative services to a broad range of organizations spanning the federal, intelligence and civilian sectors. Leveraging a nationwide footprint of highly experienced investigators and subject matter experts, we provide critical information to support sensitive decisions.Responsibilities
Perspecta's risk decision group is the largest provider of background investigation services for the U.S. government in the federal, intelligence and civilian space.
We arecurrently seeking candidates for a Jr. Data Scientist. Candidates in the area of in Loveland, CO may be preferred, but other telecommute locations may also be considered.
The Data Scientist will implements statistical projects through their entire life span from data cleaning to model fitting to results communication. This position works directly with project and business leaders to identify analytical requirements and independently implements these effectively. Candidates should have knowledge of commonly-used data aggregation, visualization, and modelling techniques. This position relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job and works under immediate supervision.
- Involved in the analysis of unstructured and semi-structured data, including latent semantic indexing (LSI), entity identification and tagging, complex event processing (CEP), and the application of analysis algorithms on distributed, clustered, and cloud-based high-performance infrastructures
- Exercises creativity in applying non-traditional approaches to large-scale analysis of unstructured data in support of high-value use cases visualized through multi-dimensional interfaces
- Handle processing and index requests against high-volume collections of data and high-velocity data streams
- Has the ability to make discoveries in the world of big data
- Requires strong technical and computational skills - engineering, physics, mathematics, coupled with the ability to code design, develop, and deploy sophisticated applications using advanced unstructured and semi-structured data analysis techniques and utilizing high-performance computing environments
- Has the ability to utilize advance tools and computational skills to interpret, connect, predict and make discoveries in complex data and deliver recommendations for business and analytic decisions
Federal Background Investigation REQUIRED please read.
- Candidates must meet one of the following combinations of education and/or experience
- Master's degree, plus 0-2 years of experience
- Bachelor's degree, plus 2-5 years of experience
- No degree, plus 8-10 years of experience
- Working knowledge of statistical and data processing software e.g. SAS and/or R
- Exposure to SQL and databases
- Experience with
- Software development, either an open-source enterprise software development stack (Java/Linux/Ruby/Python) or a Windows development stack (.NET, C#, C++)Data transport and transformation APIs and technologies such as JSON, XML, XSLT, JDBC, SOAP and REST
- Cloud-based data analysis tools including Hadoop and Mahout, Acumulo, Hive, Impala, Pig, and similar
- Visual analytic tools like Microsoft Pivot, Palantir, or Visual Analytics
- Open source textual processing such as Lucene, Sphinx, Nutch or Solr
- Entity extraction and conceptual search technologies such as LSI, LDA, etc.
- Machine learning, algorithm analysis, and data clustering
- Knowledge of statistical analysis methodologies and experimental design and a willingness to learn more complex methods
- Strong skills in data manipulation, cleaning and exploratory analysis. Able to make logical conclusions about complex data that help properly format it for statistical analysis
- Problem solving, innovation orientation, and one who takes initiative
- Ability to work with an interdisciplinary team and drive projects to completion
- Good oral and written communication skills. Able to work effectively with personnel with different functional background
- U.S. citizenship (required for federal security clearance)
The selected candidate for this position must be able to successfully obtain and maintain a favorably adjudicated government background investigation.This background investigation requires U.S. citizenship and will include an investigation of 10+ years of history including financial, education, employment, medical, residence, and personal records.The cost of this investigation will be paid by Perspecta. About Perspecta
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector-from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to do just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provisionPay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c). - provided by Dice
Associated topics: data administrator, data integration, data manager, data management, data warehouse, database administrator, etl, erp, mongo database, teradata