ENSCO, Inc. is seeking a Test and Evaluation Engineer to support the Department of Defense (DoD) Military Satellite Communications (MILSATCOM) programs for the United States Air Force (USAF) Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) headquartered in El Segundo, CA. This position, located in Colorado Springs, will be part of the MILSATCOM Systems Engineering & Integration Team (MSEIT) responsible for the development of requirements, test and verification and interoperability certification. The Test and Evaluation Engineer will support the development of test schedule, test plans, test objectives, test measures, and evaluation criteria. Duties will include:
Qualifications Required (Skills):
- Developing T&E strategy, Test and Evaluation Master Plan-Development Evaluation Framework, requirement verification and test plans, test objectives, test methodology, and evaluation criteria
- Collecting, reviewing, analyzing, and reporting T&E data
- Supporting implementation of common Test and Evaluation database for the program
- Supporting development of DoD compliant deficiency reporting and resolution system
- Supporting T&E reviews, audits, Integrated Product Teams (IPTs), Deficiency Review Boards (DRBs), Materiel Improvement Process Review Boards (MIPRBs), and Technical Interchange Meetings (TIMs)
- BA or BS degree (Technical Field) or equivalent
- Experience working with military or DoD civilian clients and managing professional relationships
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication (oral and written), and presentation skills
- Capable in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- 3+ years demonstrated experience in multi-faceted tests and test project teams, to include oversight of scheduling
- 3+ years test and evaluation experience with DoD/USAF test processes and documentation
- 3+ years of experience with MILSATCOM
- ABILITY TO OBTAIN A DOD SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE IS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION FOR WHICH YOU MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN. IF YOU DO NOT MEET THIS REQUIREMENT YOU WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
- 5+ years' experience in systems engineering
- 5+ years' experience in DoD and commercial SATCOM and network engineering
- 5+ years' experience with military space systems and protected MILSATCOM systems
- 5+ years' experience with ground systems, such as terminals and networks
- Familiar with AFMAN 63-119 and AFI 99-103
- Experience with government test and evaluation
- Experience with PEO Certification process
1985BR Employment Status:
Regular Full-time U.S. Citizenship:
Yes Drug Screen Type:
None Contract Award Contingency:
No Internal Position Title:
Systems Engineer III General Education/Years of Experience:
BS or equiv; min 3 yrs relevant exp Background Check Type:
7 year Export Control and Licensing:
Toya Carter-Williams Division Description:
The Aerospace Sciences and Engineering (ASE) Division is based in Cocoa Beach, Fla., with facilities and capabilities in Colorado Springs, Colo., and El Segundo, Calif. ASE's primary focus is aerospace engineering, cyber security and meteorological systems.
ASE is the prime contractor to the U.S. Space Force, providing Systems Engineering & Integration of the Launch Safety infrastructure, the Satellite Control Network and the Standard Space Trainer.
ENSCO's aerospace engineering efforts support launch range activities throughout the U.S. ASE employees are developing the Range of the future and evaluating highly technical systems for critical launch operations, including range instrumentation, safety and communications.
Our Cyber domain experts are providing engineering solutions for space systems Defensive Cyber Operations, as well as cyber consultative support for private sector and government organizations.
The ASE Division is the premier integrator of weather systems and technologies to enhance safety, reduce cost, and lessen weather impacts on space launches, aviation and business operations. Strength in Diversity:
ENSCO, Inc. and its wholly owned U.S. subsidiaries are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers, committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under state or local law.
Associated topics: equipment, ip, maintenance, network, satcom, satellite, server, system engineer, system specialist, technician