At VMLY&R, we create connected brands. We resist the usual ways of seeing, doing and thinking - harnessing creativity, technology and culture - to reimagine the entire connected consumer experience. Our goal? To create work that becomes part of people's lives, to drive value for our clients and, in the best of cases, to impact the world.
- Working with our Strategy and Insights group to leverage primary research, personas, task analysis, heuristic and competitive reviews to craft industry-leading user experiences
- Crafting and conducting stakeholder interviews with everyone from subject matter experts to C-level executives to determine business/site objectives
- Creating information design and navigation systems for internet, intranet and extranet sites, as well as online and mobile applications
- Creating and refining user experience thought expressed as deliverables, including task and gap analyses, content analysis and strategy and feature/functionality matrices, usage scenarios, site maps, wireframes, flow diagrams and user-requirements documents
- Preparing and presenting design recommendations based on business goals, user research, UCD and IA principles
- Collaborating as a member of the Creative team
As part of the WPP Group, VMLY&R offers one of the best overall compensation packages in the business.
- A love for the digital space (practices, procedures and technologies) and user-centered design principles
- Diagramming tool know-how (e.g., Visio, OmniGraffle, InDesign) and communication tools (e.g., PowerPoint, Keynote)
- A desire to work in a multitasking, fast-paced environment-we're talking lightening fast
- Willingness to jet-set across the countryor the world
- Extremely strong interpersonal and client presentation skills (But surely you knew that if you made it this far into the job description, right?)
Our ideal candidate for this position possesses a bachelor's degree with an emphasis in the liberal arts, the humanities or user-centered design, or equivalent in a related field, and a minimum of four years of experience researching and developing strategic user experience design for high-traffic, dynamic websites. Digital agency experience and background preferred.
VMLY&R is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.