Cosmic Advanced Engineered Solutions, Inc. designs high-performance signal processing and space-related solutions for counter-space, special operations, cyber, and other space system missions. Cosmic AES has a proven record of fielding systems and prototypes quickly to help warfighters stay ahead of emerging threats. A woman-owned, small-business engineering firm, Cosmic AES has the background to understand operators' needs and the engineering skills to meet those needs quickly, affordably, and to the highest technical standards.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead the engineering team in the development of system designs, system architectures, requirements definition, interface definition, test plans, etc.
- Lead in the definition and implementation of core components and capabilities to interface with hardware, implement backend logic, perform signal processing functions, and present user interfaces
- Support software engineering development to translate algorithm prototypes into optimized, production-quality code suitable for operational deployment
- Contribute to the development of design documentation and other documentation artifacts
- Mentor and guide junior engineers
- Help win customer confidence through integrity, technical competency, effective communications, problem solving, and capability demonstrations
Qualifications and Skills
- Must be a self-starter and able to work closely in a fast paced, small engineering team which includes other software engineers, DSP engineers, hardware engineers, systems engineers, and test engineers.
- Previous engineering or project management experience, experience leading small engineering teams, mentoring junior engineers, etc.
- Experience in the design and development of system architectures, including the definition of interfaces, key functionalities, capabilities and performance requirements
- Must have an active Top-Secret security clearance (With SCI Eligibility)
- Education and/or background in software development and software engineering
- Proficiency implementing software and algorithms in a framework such as Python, C, C++, Java, etc.
- Familiarity and experience with UNIX/Linux operating systems
- Team player and capable of working in a fast-pasted, team environment
- Ability to communicate and present to internal and external customers verbally and written forms to support technical reviews and assessments
- Minimum of 5years of engineering experience, with demonstrated ability to work independently, self-manage, and own and execute on challenging and difficult work
- Satellite communications, geolocation, digital signal processing (DSP), digital communications, GNURadio or Software Defined Radios (SDR) experience
- Experience with front-end web development and frameworks such as Node, Angular, jQuery, Django, etc.
- Experience with database design and programming using PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server, etc.
- Experience with UAS systems
- Experience with Agile methodologies
Powered by JazzHR
Associated topics: .net, algorithm, c++, develop, java, programming, sde, sdet, software developer, sw