SHAPE THE FUTURE OF MOBILITY FROM DAY ONE.
This position is part of our Advanced Safety and User Experience segment (AS&UX) and our Connected Services (ACS) business unit.
Cloud Automation Engineer owns end-to-end delivery for Connected Service's DevOps services, which include tool support, pre-built images, agile build processes, development / test environments, continuous integration, continuous deployment, automation, configuration management, and containerization. This role plans, delivers, enhances, supports DevOps technologies. This role will also work to automate infrastructure, explore and implement new technologies, and explore enhancements to existing processes and services. This role will report to the Cloud Infrastructure / DevOps Lead and will work to understand Connected Services business unit's specific needs. An ideal candidate should be able to work well on a team but also be self-motivated and curious. New technologies will be explored often so the ability to be quick learning and hands on is a must.
Responsibilities and duties
- Own the end-to-end delivery of DevOps services, which include tool support, pre-built images, agile build processes, development / test environments, continuous integration, continuous deployment, automation, configuration management, and containerization to Mobility business units
- Support the development of a cloud-first, DevOps vision and roadmap in collaboration with the Cloud Infrastructure / DevOps Lead
- Administration of Kubernetes clusters including creation and maintenance of Helm charts, deployment pipelines, troubleshooting applications, and optimizing resource usage and cost
- Develop automation scripts and solutions for streamlining, implementing, and testing applications; implement infrastructure scaling and automation solutions using tools like Terraform and Ansible
- Execute automation of configuration management for all development, quality assurance, and production servers
- Liaise with Aptiv security organization to ensure a secure and compliant operating environment
- Proactively identify opportunities for improvements with a focus on enabling automation and self-service for Connected Services end users
- Perform in-depth root cause analysis of DevOps problems and define actions for timely resolution and corrective actions; work with relevant vendors as necessary to assist with root cause analysis and problem resolution
- Provide thought leadership and apply leading trends in DevOps across service planning and delivery
- Serve as a Subject Matter Advisor on DevOps technologies
- Consult with Architecture, Strategy, & Innovation team to ensure conformance to architecture standards and policies
- Independence to manage day to day activities with minimal supervision and be capable to escalate and drive issues to resolution when required
- Create and support internal documentation and handoffs to other teams
- Experience working in a cloud first operating environment including areas of architecture, security, serverless, monitoring, and networking
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - including verbal, written, and presentation. Ability to tailor communication to any audience
- Analytical, troubleshooting, and research skills with performance issues in production and development environments
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to research and solve complex issues independently
- At least three years' experience with a cloud provider such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, etc.
- At least three years' experience with Linux (preferably Debian-based distributions)
- Proficient scripting in Python and/or Bash
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with version control systems such as Git or Subversion
- Experience in designing and improving highly available systems
- Experience with automated build pipelines, continuous integration, and continuous deployment with test automations frameworks
- Cloud Certifications such as AWS DevOps Professional, AWS SysOps, AWS Solutions Architect, Microsoft Azure DevOps Engineer, Microsoft Azure Solution Architect, or similar
- Experience delivering infrastructure for distributed, scalable, secure, reliable software systems
- Experience in managing Linux and/or systems with configuration management, such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc.
- Understanding of hosting & compute; storage & data; networking, identity access management services and, information security best practices
- Experience supporting fast moving business organizations
- Relevant experience in a service oriented organization
- Experience managing relationships across varying levels of technical competency4-year degree in IT, MIS, Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent work experience
Traits we seek:
- Curiously investigate everything - ability to solving problems analytically, creatively and collaboratively
- Lead with confidence - thought leaders who empower those around them
- Learn by doing - an entrepreneurial mindset that's driven by hands-on experimentation
- Embrace resilience - seeing every challenge as a learning opportunity and invitation to grow
- Passion for product excellence - build great products with distinct customer value and apply continuous improvement and innovation
Aptiv rewards and advantages:
- Competitive compensation with bonus potential
- Competitive health benefits
- 401K with matching contribution
- Learning and development opportunities
- Discount programs with various manufacturers and retailers
- Recognition for innovation and excellence
- Opportunities to give back to the community
- Meaningful work that makes a difference in the world
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
About Advanced Safety and User Experience
Advanced Safety and User Experience encompasses our deep expertise in software, centralized computing platforms, advanced safety systems and automated driving focusing on five areas that are transforming mobility: Safety Electronics, Infotainment, User Experience, Autonomous Driving and Connectivity & Security.
About the Connected Services Division:
Aptiv is making mobility real. Today's software-defined vehicles generate a lot of data. It's expensive to transmit, and it's not all useful. Aptiv's Connected Services team is a global provider of telematics and analytics solutions serving the transportation industry. We help our customers identify the data they need to operate more efficiently and produce better products. With teams working across the globe, Connected Services creates and delivers solutions that combine comprehensive data acquisition methods with powerful edge and cloud computing architecture resulting in an enterprise-class solution for fleet management, product development, connected vehicle and data exchange applications.
Privacy Notice - Active Candidates:
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Associated topics: debug, h/w test engineer, hardware test, hardware test engineer, prove, quality assurance, test engineer, test hardware, troubleshoot, verify