General Mills is reshaping the future of food. We believe food makes us better. It nourishes our bodies, brings us joy and connects us to each other. As one of the world's leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Yoplait, Annie's Homegrown, Old El Paso, Epic Provisions, Blue Buffalo and more. Are you passionate about the future of food? You've come to the right table. We want the very best talent to help lead something big.
- Design, build and run database infrastructure at scale. Primary accountability for Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle, but with a small but growing MongoDB, Redis, and MySQL footprint.
- Develop and maintain automation solutions using PowerShell, Python and Ansible.
- Contribute your ideas on improving the operational and strategic health of the enterprise computing environment.
- Consult with development teams to ensure sustainability in application architecture.
- Proactive performance monitoring.Mentor application developers to optimize processes and ensure efficient use of shared infrastructure.
- Work with strategic vendors on best practices and service issues.
- Create and enforce database standards.
- Support a global 24 x 7 support rotation approximately 1 week per month for critical production applications.
- Minimum two years of experience as a SQL Server or Oracle DBA
- Strong TSQL skills
- Well versed in Windows server OS and Clustering concepts
- Strong grasp of networking, DNS, Active Directory and authentication protocols
- Proven track record of delivering outstanding results
- Strong technical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply new technology
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team setting
- Ability to plan, organize, lead and implement new processes or technology
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field of study
- Proficient in PowerShell, Python and/or Ansible
- Familiarity with the Linux operating system
- Familiarity with virtual environments, especially VMWare
- Experience with agile techniques or methods
Associated topics: data analyst, data analytic, data architect, data integration, data integrity, data manager, database, database administrator, sql, sybase