SHAPE THE FUTURE OF MOBILITY FROM DAY ONE.
This position is part of our Active Safety business unit.
We're hiring a Radar Systems Engineer in Agoura Hills, CA (relocation offered within the USA).
- Design, test and evaluation of automotive radar systems for automated driving.
- Translate requirements into system architectures. Predict performance with simulation and verify with real-world data.
- Interface with multi-disciplinary product development team in support of design, integration and test (including radar system, microwave, electrical, mechanical and software design engineers)
- Develop system, algorithm and software verification test plans and perform test data collection, data processing and analysis
- Design documentation, software requirements definition; create test plans and test reports; Present design concepts, radar performance, tradeoff studies, and algorithms to team members, management and customers
Must Haves (Basic Qualifications):
- Master degree with 3+ years of experience or a Ph.D. degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or other technical field
- Graduate-level coursework and/or hands-on project experience in radar systems and radar signal processing
- Computer based simulation or analysis
- Matlab/Python proficiency
- Knowledge of FMCW radar systems
Nice to Haves (Preferred Qualifications):
- 5+ years of experience in radar systems
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas: SAR, MIMO, PMCW, Bistatic/Multi-static Radar system
- Excellent communications skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong documentation skills
- Team player
- Highly motivated, flexible, and well organized
Aptiv Rewards & Advantages
- Competitive compensation with bonus potential
- Competitive health benefits
- 401K with matching contribution
- Learning and development opportunities
- Discount programs with various manufacturers and retailers
- Recognition for innovation and excellence
- Opportunities to give back to the community
- Meaningful work that makes a difference in the world
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Parental leave etc.)
Candidates for positions with Aptiv must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
Internal Use Only: Referral bonus available? Yes or No
Privacy Notice - Active Candidates:
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Associated topics: equipment, infrastructure, maintain, maintenance, satcom, server, system engineer, system specialist, system technician, technician