Here at ON Semiconductor we take great pride in our internship program and the efforts we take to provide students with hands-on industry experience. We provide competitive pay, medical benefits, various networking event opportunities, and flexible hours based on school schedule.
ON Semiconductor is seeking a self-driven and motivated intern to join their ASIC Group, Quantenna team, located in San Jose, CA. As an intern, you will have the opportunity to work in cutting-edge WiFi protocols.Performance Objectives:
This opportunity will ask a student to have the following performance objectives:
- Develop validation plans for a functional area in the CPU
- Understand architecture of the ON SoC at a system-level
- Develop test templates using silicon validation tools, to validate targeted functionality in emulation
- Validation of features of a high-performance CPU at emulation
- Debug failures in the emulation environment to software or hardware issues.
- Closely work with RTL/verification engineers to root-cause failure debug
In order to be considered for an internship, you must be a student currently enrolled in school pursuing an accredited degree program. This position is specifically looking for a BS/MS in EE or CS.
- Relevant coursework/experience in Logic/ VLSI/ ASIC Design/Architecture
- Working Knowledge of any of the industry tools in these areas
- Knowledge of programming / scripting languages like C/C++, Perl/ Ruby/ Python
- Candidate MUST be currently pursuing a BS/MS (preferred) degree in CS/EE or related technical field(s)
- Strong background in Computer Architecture and C programming
- Course/Project work in one or more of the areas of computer architecture, VLSI, embedded programming
- Demonstrated knowledge and course/project work in programming Verilog, or Assembly.
- Knowledge of WiFi/Networking will be a plus
- Experience with Linux development environment with the knowledge of Perl or Python scripting.
- Self-motivated team player with excellent problem-solving skills
ON Semiconductor (Nasdaq: ON) is driving energy efficient innovations, empowering customers to reduce global energy use. The company is a leading supplier of semiconductor-based solutions, offering a comprehensive portfolio of energy efficient power and signal management, logic, standard and custom devices. The companys products help engineers solve their unique design challenges in automotive, communications, computing, consumer, industrial, medical and military/aerospace applications.
ON Semiconductor operates a responsive, reliable, world-class supply chain and quality program, and a network of manufacturing facilities, sales offices and design centers in key markets throughout North America, Europe and the Asia Pacific regions.
Associated topics: application developer, architect, backend, back end, c/c++, design pattern, lead, matlab, maven, perl