We have an opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to join our ServiceNow Practice. The Project Manager (PM) will maintain a collaborative partnership with federal clients and related third parties to create, define, and manage ServiceNow Projects and hosted application operations and maintenance. The PM will bring creative approaches to problem solving in all assignments in order to produce quality deliverables supporting the business needs. The PM understands development processes and Agile Application Development methodologies and is very analytical with problem-solving and conflict resolution skills to help identify, communicate and resolve issues. The successful candidate will be part of a team responsible for the maintenance and enhancement of a vibrant multi-tenant ServiceNow environment and must be able to act with a sense of urgency and adapt to changing priorities.
Typical responsibilities include
* Manage a highly technical team and work stream for a federal ServiceNow instance and related hosted applications
* Development of the IT project plan, and management of its scope, schedule, resources, and budget and risk
* Hands on management of IT team resources, tasks, contract obligations and deliverables
* Risk identification and mitigation planning and control. Issue management including tracking, assignment and closeout of all project issues
* Leads the effort in creative approaches to problem solving; confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and resolve problems. Works with departmental manager and other project stakeholders to ensure project objectives are being met
* Works with project stakeholders and technical teams to develop requirements documents. Define acceptance criteria for requirements.
* Provides requirements support, including clarification, for development and quality assurance team members.
* Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions
* Works independently; receives minimal guidance. Contributes to performance reviews for team members
* Uses best practices and knowledge of business issues to improve products or services and is expected to take active role in improving procedures for the IT PMO
* Report regularly to IT management on the status of all assigned projects. Report project delays and changes in requirements to the Project Director and IT management on a timely basis
* Demonstrate proven extensive abilities and success when managing and producing deliverables for client engagements related to managing successful enterprise scale implementations
* Demonstrate the ability to think creatively and problem-solving skills
* Communicate in an organized and knowledgeable manner in written and verbal formats
* Must be able to meet government eligibility requirements and hold or obtain Secret Clearance (Interim acceptable)
* At least 2 years of experience coordinating tasks for projects as a team lead, manager, or project manager
* Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline or equivalent required, Computer Science preferred
* Agile or Waterfall SDLC methodology experience
* Experience in structured requirements and specifications development for custom software builds and software builds within existing application frameworks
* Knowledge of project management processes, project financial management, systems development methods, change management concepts and business process improvement methods
* Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects with shared resources
* Strong project management skills with hands-on experience managing and deploying application development projects, portals, and other complex IT systems
* Strong planning, organizational, and leadership skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong interpersonal and meeting facilitation skills; ability to write and communicate complex systems descriptions and specifications for both technical and non-technical audiences.
* Experience in user story creation. Experience with use case development preferred
* Ability to hands-on direct the work of systems development staff in a team environment
Perks of working at NetImpact Strategies:
* Your health comes first we offer comprehensive medical, dental, & vision insurance that starts the first of the month after you join the team
* Invest in your future 401(k) Plan Immediately vested employer contributions; no matching required
* Work hard, play hard we offer a generous Paid Time Off (PTO) policy and observe ALL ten (10) federal holidays
* Pawsitively pawesome Pet Insurance (because our little critters are part of our families, too!)
* Invest in your education Tuition reimbursement, internal training programs, & company-sponsored industry certifications
* Be part of a dynamic and collaborative work environment recently ranked by The Washington Post as a Top Workplace in 2019 & 2020!
* Have fun and celebrate and give back Team building activities, community volunteering, quarterly HQ days, & an offsite annual awards banquet
NetImpact Strategies specializes in Strategy and Business Transformation, IT Modernization, Data-Driven Intelligence, Cloud Services, and Cybersecurity. We are a team of skilled Consultants who listen to our clients needs. We design and implement comprehensive, tailored solutions that are both mindful of the client's culture and organizational dynamics. As mission needs change, new priorities emerge, technologies advance, and methodologies evolve; NetImpact stands out as a trusted advisor that can solve the challenges of today while looking for the opportunities of tomorrow. Our professionals stay abreast of these changes to provide agile, outcome-focused results for federal agency strategic and tactical needs. Approaching engagements as a partner, we provide solutions that empower our clients to achieve results that align with their mission and strategic vision.
NetImpact Strategies is committed to complying with all applicable provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended (ADA), and applicable state and local laws. It is NetImpacts policy not to discriminate against any qualified person or applicant with regard to any terms or conditions of employment on the basis of such individuals disability. Consistent with this policy of non-discrimination, NetImpact will provide reasonable accommodations to an individual with a disability, as defined in the ADA or applicable law, who has made NetImpact aware of his/her disability, unless doing so would cause undue hardship to NetImpact. If you are an applicant and need a reasonable accommodation when applying for job opportunities within NetImpact or request a reasonable accommodation to utilize NetImpacts online employment application, please contact .
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
NetImpact is committed to the development of a creative, diverse, and inclusive work environment. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at NetImpact will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. NetImpact does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, and local laws (referred to as "protected status").
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task