Now Brewing Automation Specialist! #tobeapartner
From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One that not only celebrates coffee and its rich tradition, but that also brought a feeling of connection. We are known for developing and supporting partners who share this passion and are guided by their service to others.
The Starbucks experience starts in our Roasting Plants where we have a dedicated team of professional roasters and supporting process teams including planning, warehouse management, packaging, roasting, maintenance, engineering and logistics.
As an automation specialist, you will:
- Assist Engineering with updates, changes and testing of new modifications.
- Assist with new equipment implementations and projects.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Participate in World Class Manufacturing team sessions.
- Perform periodic maintenance of systems.
- Perform troubleshooting of electrical and instrumentation issues for the packaging equipment and machines, Automated Coffee Roasting System, transfer systems and custom software applications.
- Research and implement continuous improvement opportunities.
Were proud to invest in you and offer these special incentives to eligible partners (employees):
- Comprehensive health coverage (Medical, Dental and Vision)
- Arizona State University College Achievement Plan: FULL tuition reimbursement towards bachelors degree
- Highly competitive 401(k) program with company match at 5%
- Stock equity reward program (annual grants)
- Health savings, vacation savings & health and wellness programs
- Paid vacation (prorated vacation allowance on day one), sick leave and personal days
Wed love to hear from people with:
- Design and programming of instrumentation process controls (3 years)
- Electrical troubleshooting (3 years)
- General industrial maintenance and electrical systems (3 years)
- Using and creating mechanical and electrical blueprints and technical equipment manuals (3 years)
- Working with electrical codes (3 years)
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to perform computer-aided design and use databases
- Ability to read, write and understand polices, guidelines, specifications and safety standards
- Ability to troubleshoot and create automation software
- Ability to use electronics test equipment
- Ability to work independently and make decisions with minimal supervision
- Ability to work with a diverse workforce in a team environment
- Basic math skills
- Attention to detail
- Proficient in safety procedures
- Familiarity with American Institute of Baking (AIB), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) standards
- Ability to work in accordance with quality, safety, and sanitation standards, policies and guidelines
- Ability to work varying shifts and weekends
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-###-#### or via email at ...@starbucks.com